Beckham scores first goal for Galaxy

Vancouver Fan

David Beckham opened his MLS account with his patented free kick against DC United's Troy Perkins. The goal came halfway through the first half to give the Galaxy a 1 nil lead in the Superliga semifinal in L.A.

Joining in the celebration was "Canadian Enforcer" Kevin Harmse who was given that label by the FSC announcer when he went after Uniteds Ben Olsen after he went in hard on a tackle on Beckham.

LA leads 1 nil at the half.

Ante Jazic is sitting out due to too many cards.

lol I was just about to post this. I mean it's sooooo exciting that spice boy finally scored!!!!!! He is sooooo amazing!!!!!! And his wife is there watching him!!!!! Wow, amazing!!!!! So amazing, I mean he is amazing!!!!!

The game is on SuperLiga2007.com and the announcers sound just a tad too excited.

Becks aside, this SuperLiga could be the best thing to happen to CONCACAF soccer and MLS. The other semi last night Houston-Pachuca was supposedly a pretty good game.

I know people are going to complain about the current setup, but as long as they turn it into a real Champions League eventually, who cares if MLS or the crooks at CONCACAF control it?

quote:Originally posted by Jamit

Why the heck do we keep getting shots of the crowd? During the game!

I watched some of it on FSWC. I didnt't understand either why they persisted with the shots on individual people in the crowd. Maybe they were celebrities, but I didn't recognize any of them except one .

quote:Originally posted by Free kick

I watched some of it on FSWC. I didnt't understand either why they persisted with the shots on individual people in the crowd. Maybe they were celebrities, but I didn't recognize any of them except one .

It was to prove that Beckham can bring out the babes. Didn't you guys notice that all the shots of the crowd were of twenty-something women?

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

It was to prove that Beckham can bring out the babes. Didn't you guys notice that all the shots of the crowd were of twenty-something women?

Funny enough but I did see that. And I guess the shots of them were better then the ten shots of Beckham's smelly foot after he came off.

Guest speedmonk42
quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

I was reading that too thinking... my god man didn't you see what they were pointing the camera at?

It's all good.

thanks, thats gotta be the stupidest decision ever by an MSL player to deliberately injure Beckham who raises the profile of all... Not the same as Sidwell proving to Mourinho they can rely on him to do the dirty...

I am not saying everyone should play around Becks, but people ought to think what would be achieved if they put him out of commission...

Funny how Yallop had no say in who wore the armband, or he wasn't deemed important enough by the writer to ask about it. If I'm the coach of a team and I see players swapping captaincy like candy I'm going to have a WTF meeting at half time and bring plenty of boots to throw.

quote:Originally posted by Vancouver Fan

On a side note. I'm not quite sure why this game did not sell out. The Home Depot Centre is approx. half full.

It might have something to do with the HDC being built on a college campus. I'm not sure about the semifinal, but for the final on Aug 29th, there will only be 12,500 tickets sold because it is a school night.

Anyway, pretty horrid defense for Beckham's first goal in a Galaxy shirt.

Interesting to note that he played the full 90 yesterday for England in a meaningless friendly against Germany. Yet, in his three weeks here in North America, he has managed to play something like 20-25% of the minutes that he was available to play in. And we are led to beleive that even that required an herculian effort worthy of some sort of medal for bravery. But, flying ( double the distance) accross the pond for 10 hours to play a friendly for England, and going the full 90, was no problem. Hmmm!. Anyone recall the stories regarding the concern over the bobo on his ankle and the toll that it took in order to get on a plane and fly to Toronto?

In the little that I saw, his play has been impressive, but you have to start to wonder if his heart is really into it in North America. What happens if his wife's hollywood ambitions bomb out? maybe the "ticketed-off" fans in Dallas have a point. Gotta feel sorry for Frank Yallop these days.

from espnsoccernet:

"After Beckham was fouled by midfielder Jesse Marsch, Chivas defender Alex Zotinca and Galaxy midfielder Kevin Harmse both were ejected for violent conduct. Zotinca head-butted Harmse, who had punched Zotinca."

and at the risk of sounding arrogant, I called it:

quote:Originally posted by Juby

he doesn't need any extra protecting, he's the only superstar with 2 Canadians watching his back

hockeyfightthrow.jpg

Archived