myfootballclub.co.uk

Guest Can. in UK

Guest Can. in UK

Not sure which topic this falls under...

But has anyone signed up for myfootballclub.co.uk?

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/sports/story.html?id=4d189154-f784-45a5-9c84-aa9d9946bf33

Personally I think the notion that "the fans know best" is absurd. I can't really see how this is going to work or who would actually want to coach this club but I've signed up anyways. It seems like a pretty fun disaster to be a part of.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Guest Can. in UK

Yeah - that top 20 list is pretty ridiculous. No basis in reality whatsoever.

I have dreams of packing the team with Canadian kids but I suppose I'll have to convince 49,999 other people that it's the right thing.

Guest Jeffery S.

I am a member of a club with a one member, one vote policy. And with something like 156,000 members.

I would imagine, however, that as soon as the club has to make a budget and look for credit you are going to have a problem, though I don't know the legal ramifications in England. I would also imagine you are going to have to at least designate people for certain financial decision-making as well.

The suggestion of the members deciding on the squad and line-ups is of course the worst idea, as without watching the players train there is no way to do that. And no manager with self-esteem would accept it. Though it could be an interesting sort of social experiment, it could even be fun.

The most fundamental problem for me is that there is no common identity amongst those buying in, other than their interest in the project. The mere principle of fan ownership is not enough though, there has to be something more.

Archived