Jack Warner vows to oppose England 2018 bid

Blue and White Army

quote:England invented the sport but has never made any impact on world football."

And Warner is from which football powerhouse that has impacted world soccer: Germany, France, Italy, Brazil, Argentina, Mexico?

In the following article (http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Soccer/2007/08/09/4405771-ap.html) he is additionally quoted as saying

quote:Warner, who is from Trinidad and Tobago, also told the BBC that racism would prevent him from ever succeeding Blatter as president.

"You have black footballers on the field of play," Warner said. "In administration you have whites.

"I don't think FIFA is ready for a black president yet."

Jack could the problem be that you are a corrupt criminal? Though I guess he might have a point in that many previous FIFA presidents including Blatter are corrupt criminals and that hasn't prevented them from getting the position.

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

And Warner is from which football powerhouse that has impacted world soccer: Germany, France, Italy, Brazil, Argentina, Mexico?

It's a dumb argument anyway. He wants the 2018 World Cup to be hosted by a CONCACAF nation. Ergo, the last thing he should do is require that the host nation have some sort of rich history when it comes to world football.

Warner must've been ploughed when he made those statements.

Ii never really had any reason to dislike that guy. I even spoke to him several times in the last year,yet this is crazy.England and the EPL have done an outstanding job for soccer, not only in soccer but also in being a leader in fighting and in fact stopping racism.If iwere given a choice between watching English soccer or Dutch soccer,this would be no contest at all, England all the way.I think he has a legimate case of foot and mouth desease.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think anyone would argue with his latest comments:

"He added: 'I am committed to CONCACAF hosting the World Cup in 2018, which I would have expected anyone to understand based on my position in CONCACAF".

But he seems to forget that he insulted England by claiming that Italy, Spain or France should get the World Cup if it goes to Europe rather than CONCACAF.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=455645&cc=5901

Archived