canada vs peru??

rick10

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To be fair, I did the same thing on the Macedonian forum trying to sort out game and ticket details.

If he's Peruvian, he's welcome as a GUEST of the Voyageurs. If he's "Canadian" but wants to support Peru, he's open to scrutiny.

Don't know why Canadians would not support their country, in any sport, in the first place. Nothing drives me crazier than "hyphenated-Canadians"

disrespecting our country and cheering for another.

If he's Peruvian, he's welcome as a GUEST of the Voyageurs. If he's "Canadian" but wants to support Peru, he's open to scrutiny.

Don't know why Canadians would not support their country, in any sport, in the first place. Nothing drives me crazier than "hyphenated-Canadians"

But every single one of these "Canadians" who cheers against our soccer team was celebrating Crosby's goal against in the States in Vancouver... hmmmm.

relax boys, i am a born canadian. with all due respect though i have been a peruvian soccer fan since the day i turned on the tv to watch my favourite club Alianza Lima. i have been raised as a peruvian since i was born, i carry both citizenships, but both countries will be at heart. Im sorry if any of you boys have been insulted

Ya i agree I dont post on here that much but im on here alot reading stuff

I hate to say it but this is why Canada rarly has home support half of the people at the games that live in Canada cheer for their native country. Im not saying its wrong but it sure does not help Canada when more than half of the people living in Canada would rather cheer for the country they were born in and not living in.

Many times Canada is there 3rd pick to cheer for, maybe its not so bad within the V's but for other soccer fans in Canada hardly know 6 Canada soccer players.

Aha, yeah i would be if i had the money :P And your totally right, of course Ill cheer for Canada but im just saying though when it comes down to a situation like this, I would cheer for Peru. When I was a kid, soccer was never big, all of a sudden though when tfc was formed(which was great) we have a whole bunch of canadian soccer fans, which is also great too, but all those years seeing Peru play through its ups and downs, being raised in a peruvian household t has made me love the country, i was never influenced by canadian soccer, nor has CSA ever made an effort to do so untill recently. And no of course i wont be booing the anthem idiot, i guarantee no peruvian will either because we're grateful to be here to begin with.

You guys are all forgetting though, Canadas sport is hockey, not soccer. It probably never will be either lets face it. Every single kid has a hockey net in their garage, only a quarter have a soccer ball, heck maybe even half, but by september, those soccer balls will be deflated and stored in a bin, basement or even worse thrown out.

and canucklefan and seb from mtl, you both are from quebec...if im not mistaken, the quebecois wanted its own sovereignty? so dont attack me

Wow what weak arguments. I am also from Quebec and if we are here is because we are 100% proud Canadians, so don't bring that separatist bs. And Canada's sport is hockey? What if we like soccer? We are not forgeting anything, and because hockey may be more popular at the moment, does not give anyone the right to disrespect the National Team.

Aha, yeah i would be if i had the money :P And your totally right, of course Ill cheer for Canada but im just saying though when it comes down to a situation like this, I would cheer for Peru. When I was a kid, soccer was never big, all of a sudden though when tfc was formed(which was great) we have a whole bunch of canadian soccer fans, which is also great too, but all those years seeing Peru play through its ups and downs, being raised in a peruvian household t has made me love the country, i was never influenced by canadian soccer, nor has CSA ever made an effort to do so untill recently. And no of course i wont be booing the anthem idiot, i guarantee no peruvian will either because we're grateful to be here to begin with.

You guys are all forgetting though, Canadas sport is hockey, not soccer. It probably never will be either lets face it. Every single kid has a hockey net in their garage, only a quarter have a soccer ball, heck maybe even half, but by september, those soccer balls will be deflated and stored in a bin, basement or even worse thrown out.

and canucklefan and seb from mtl, you both are from quebec...if im not mistaken, the quebecois wanted its own sovereignty? so dont attack me

So you were born in Canada, went to Canadian schools, got employed in the Canadian economy, lived on safe Canadian streets, when you got sick you went to Canadian hospitals etc. So when a country that has afforded you so much and asks to do something as little as support our national team you turn you back to cheer for the "homeland" that has never been home to you??

Its really sad that you feel the way you do, I will be out at BMO Field on the 4th singing O Canada at the top of my lungs and cheering for the Nats because I am grateful for what Canada done for me, as you should be too.

MOD:

I'm just going to wade in here before things get out of control. The topic of Nationality with regards to Canadian soccer support has been debated over and over on this forum and has the tendancy to cause threads to get out of control and closed by the moderators. Please remember to keep all comments respectful.

If all the hypenated-Canadians at least made the effort to cheer for Canada second, we would be in very good shape.

This is probably one of the best quotes I have read for a while.

Jaime you came on the forum looking for a Peru seating section. Bud, you are in the wrong place. That being said if you ever want to come out and support Canada you are always welcome. We have many supporters who also support other countries.

I could probably understand the jaime193's out there, if they showed up and supported Canada in some other matches that weren't against Peru ... for really, this is a once or twice-in-a-lifetime chance to see Peru play in the GTA ... and if one has supported Peru all one's life, I can't begrudge one supporting against Canada once.

But it sounds like despite being Canadian, many can't be bothered to actually support Canada when they aren't conflicted. And this is the issue.

On the other hand, I'm an immigrant ... and if by some fluke my country of birth ever played here ... I'd be cheering against them; even though I cheer from them watching them on TV.

Archived