canada vs peru??

rick10

quote:Originally posted by SilverSamurai

Isn't Canada playing Costa Rica in Toronto on the 12th?

I think we're speaking of a september 8 friendly here. There's 2 FIFA dates available in September (8 and 12). And yes, we're playing CR on the 12.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Loud Mouth Soup

And catania and almeria are better than championship teams because they are both first division teams in italy and spain

Sorry, but because you're a 'top flight' team doesn't make you better by default.

And don't try telling me that Cyprus, Ukraine, Belgium, Poland and other weaker 'top flights' are better than the Championship.

And you yourself just tried using a player listed with Barnsley. And you questioned my listing Greece, then used it yourself. Kinda kills the argument, don't you think?

Exactly that was my point , i didnt even mentioned those teams in the first place.. and then you come here and start saying two can play this game and started putting first division teams from englan , and teams from denmark, greece .. come on !!! just to shut you up I put the other european teams... You killed the argument in the first place by putting shi tty teams in the list..... I hope you know how to read and realized that I listed only peruvians playing in the first division teams from the best leagues.. and sorry but almeria and catania are first division teams ( and ispwish and leicester are not , simple as that ! )and dont come here and tell me that the english league is so far ahead from the italian and the spanish league because I will just laugh ....

quote:Originally posted by MikeF

I would wager that Ipswich or Leicester's budget will exceed Catania's this year.

And I'm Italian.

I would think that Jaime Peters and Jason DeVos would never start a game in Serie A or La Liga, and I'm canadian....;)

In the case of Peters I'm talking about this year because he has the talent to developp into a nice player.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by BrennanFan

well, i know both teams pretty damn well, and basically it comes down to this. if the pools were merged, this would be the lineup

pizarro farfan

vargas hutchinson deguzman solano

klukowski acasiete rodriguez stalteri

hirschfeld

pretty even, though peru has a deeper pool and has much better firepower and finishing. however, it should be noted that peru often has tough time scoring goals in intl play and often choke at home or whenever they are under pressure. and they have a history of getting screwed.

That was good, I like that method, quite interesting way of seeing things.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

That was good, I like that method, quite interesting way of seeing things.

yea that was quite good although mine would be a little bit different

pizarro Guerrero

vargas farfan deguzman solano

edgar davis acasiete rodriguez stalteri

hirschfeld

holy damn, whats all the b*tching about, could you people please relax, this is a historic thread for me dammit!

who cares about who plays where. the Peruvian on Catania is Catanias best freakin player, Catania is a stepping stone for him, he will be bigger than Solano. Just like Ipswich is just a stepping stone for Peters, and hopefully same for Hume and Leicester. Same goes for Hutch in Denmark. See how our friend rick doesn't rate Hutch above, when he is our BEST player? We have to use that our advantage. If Peters lined up against Peru, the Peruvians would look at the short 2nd division kid and laugh and not worry about him, until Peters blew by them over and over again. It would happen guaranteed. Canada and Peru are in the same boat, both have trouble getting their good players into quality sides in Europe, and both are on the outside looking in re. WCQ. Peru would be a great test for Canada, these are the teams we need to be approaching.

The main thing is that the CSA is trying to get matches against the right teams. 2 south american teams in one year? thats awesome, not to mention we approached argentina earlier this year. We are on the right track, and not just on the field.

holy damn, whats all the b*tching about, could you people please relax, this is a historic thread for me dammit!

who cares about who plays where. the Peruvian on Catania is Catanias best freakin player, Catania is a stepping stone for him, he will be bigger than Solano. Just like Ipswich is just a stepping stone for Peters, and hopefully same for Hume and Leicester. Same goes for Hutch in Denmark. See how our friend rick doesn't rate Hutch above, when he is our BEST player? We have to use that our advantage. If Peters lined up against Peru, the Peruvians would look at the short 2nd division kid and laugh and not worry about him, until Peters blew by them over and over again. It would happen guaranteed. Canada and Peru are in the same boat, both have trouble getting their good players into quality sides in Europe, and both are on the outside looking in re. WCQ. Peru would be a great test for Canada, these are the teams we need to be approaching.

The main thing is that the CSA is trying to get matches against the right teams. 2 south american teams in one year? thats awesome, not to mention we approached argentina earlier this year. We are on the right track, and not just on the field.

Hutch is not the best player. I saw him in the gold cup and he has a lot of problems controlling the ball , everytime he got it he could not control it properly.. he is alright marking and stuff but not enough for being canadian best player.... Canadas best player is without a doubt de guzman , and soon it will be edgar davis..

As per your peters comment .. I was so surprised when I saw him play against argentina ( friendly in may) but after what I saw in the under 20 world cup , I was just dissapointed . hopefully he can take advantage of the speed of his and add some skills to his game

quote:Originally posted by Juby

edgar DAVIDS is a great dutch player with glaucoma, David Edgar is the canadian U-20 at Newcastle, Edgar Davis I'm guessing is just some random putz

my bad , then is david edgar.. the one that plays in newcastle.

Well my friend, thats your opinion, and I accept it, deGuzman was on fire at the Gold Cup. But I've been watching Hutchinson and deGuzman play in Tournaments for Canada for years, and although deGuz is amazing, Hutch matches him in every aspect of defense and distribution AND ADDITIONALLY he has a better nose for goal. He has scored in crucial games and at the highest level in Europe, and has been played as true #10 and a withdrawn forward, when deGuzman has never played in those positions at his club that im aware of. deGuzman may likely peak with Coruna, a higher mid table Liga side (which is damn amazing, similar to Solanos situation), while Hutch still has the potential to play in the HUGE clubs of Europe. We'll see.

Either way, Im damn happy to have these 2 gems on our side, and I would not trade them for anyone of Peru's team.

Well my friend, thats your opinion, and I accept it, deGuzman was on fire at the Gold Cup. But I've been watching Hutchinson and deGuzman play in Tournaments for Canada for years, and although deGuz is amazing, Hutch matches him in every aspect of defense and distribution AND ADDITIONALLY he has a better nose for goal. He has scored in crucial games and at the highest level in Europe, and has been played as true #10 and a withdrawn forward, when deGuzman has never played in those positions at his club that im aware of. deGuzman may likely peak with Coruna, a higher mid table Liga side (which is damn amazing, similar to Solanos situation), while Hutch still has the potential to play in the HUGE clubs of Europe. We'll see.

Either way, Im damn happy to have these 2 gems on our side, and I would not trade them for anyone of Peru's team.

you wouldnt trade hutchinson for farfan , pizarro , solano ????.. If you speak from the heart then I will accept it .. if you speak from your knowlegde of soccer then I ll just laugh.

I did not say hutch was bad , but he is not a soccer star or player even people outside canada know of.. He may be one some day but he is still playing for a shi tt y league and even if he makes it in a league such as premier, liga , calcio, he stll has to proved himself , so it is a long shot. In the other hand De Guzman is a player that has proven himself in a tough league like the bundesliga and now its proving himself in a league such as la liga. David Edgar is a player that is already playing in premier league. Pizarro is a player the has proven himself in teams such a weder bremen , bayer, now he is in chelsea. farfan well lets just not go there and solano is one of the best players in newcastle and a well respected player in the premier league, plus he came out of boca juniors. Pizarro and farfan were key in bayerns and psv winning the bundesliga and netherlands championship , plus they were key players in the champions league...

it seems that atiba may be going this season to west ham , newcastle.. but not signing so far. great prospect , but it is still to be seeing how he handles in a much tougher league.

btw since brennan you seem to be peruvian , check out this kid 13 years old peruvian just signed with Bayern Munich

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wJ8vUEROQW8

and there is this other one who is a forward who may be signing for bayer too

check this article

http://www.libero.com.pe/2005/NOVIEMBRE/pdf2/abutters.htm

Maybe not the best place for this, but I wasn't sure it was worth it's own thread:

Brazil is going to play Mexico in Foxborough, Mass Sept. 12 and the Associated Press reported from Sao Paulo that they may be into playing us as well. It would have to be Sept. 8, but the location would be TBA.

Is there still FieldTurf in the Big O? I'm not against playing this at BMO, but it would be nice to have a bigger venue. To get totally ahead of myself.

cheers,

matthew

quote:Originally posted by matthew

Maybe not the best place for this, but I wasn't sure it was worth it's own thread:

Brazil is going to play Mexico in Foxborough, Mass Sept. 12 and the Associated Press reported from Sao Paulo that they may be into playing us as well. It would have to be Sept. 8, but the location would be TBA.

Is there still FieldTurf in the Big O? I'm not against playing this at BMO, but it would be nice to have a bigger venue. To get totally ahead of myself.

cheers,

matthew

A rumour about playing Brazil usually deserve it's own thread...;)

Thanks for this. That would be pretty cool but I agree that the field turf might be a turn off for a top teams like Brazil.

quote:Originally posted by loyola

A rumour about playing Brazil usually deserve it's own thread...;)

Thanks for this. That would be pretty cool but I agree that the field turf might be a turn off for a top teams like Brazil.

They may not like the field turf but they may like the Cdn$$$$ from filling up the Skydome or the big O.

rick10, thanks for info on the peruvian kids, always nice to see. and always good to see a different perspective around these parts. youre right, maybe i would take solano in his prime, but Peru has shown that having great strikers doesnt mean anything if you cant get them service, thats why i wouldnt take the others, and our strikers are getting better and are good enough for our purposes anyway. but lets chill on the Peru talk, keep this thread on topic.

Bring on Peru. The more friendlies we can get, the better. Our players need not just experience playing against average (no offence, Peru) to high-quality competition, but what they need mostly is experience playing together. At least if they have a lot of supporters here, their flags won't stand out, and they have those really cool kits with the sash. I always wished Canada would try something like that.

quote:Originally posted by vancanman

Bring on Peru. The more friendlies we can get, the better. Our players need not just experience playing against average (no offence, Peru) to high-quality competition, but what they need mostly is experience playing together. At least if they have a lot of supporters here, their flags won't stand out, and they have those really cool kits with the sash. I always wished Canada would try something like that.

haha that would be soemthing since the peruvian flag is the same as the canadian flag.. the whole stadium will be red and white.

• 2 years later...

hey guys im new to the forum and im just wondering if anyone knows where the peruvian supporter section will be.

also if anyone has tickets on those sections please pm with further details as i and a friend are willing to buy them

thanks again

lets see a good game this coming september

VIVA EL PERU CARAJO !!!

Archived