canada vs peru??

rick10

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll look for the link again. According to the peruvian press in the next 2 days they will confirm if peru accepted the invitation. Peru will be a good opponent if they decide to call all their players from Europe (pizarro, farfan , guerrero , solano...) .. But if they only decide to call players from the peruvian league they will be a weak opponent...

quote:Originally posted by rick10

I'll look for the link again. According to the peruvian press in the next 2 days they will confirm if peru accepted the invitation. Peru will be a good opponent if they decide to call all their players from Europe (pizarro, farfan , guerrero , solano...) .. But if they only decide to call players from the peruvian league they will be a weak opponent...

The game would be in Canada or in Peru?

Even if it doesn't work, the good news in all of this is that we're looking for more games for our MNT. Which seems to contradict the recent comment of a CSA official saying the Iceland and CR games would be the last ones for the MNT in 2007.

Here I found a different link which is in spanish

http://www.prensa-latina.cu/article.asp?ID=%7B95083B4D-35CA-4B5E-8966-14FBD6DCA581%7D&language=ES

http://www.futbolperuano.com.pe/2007/08/02/mas-amistosos-para-la-seleccion-nacional/

I m not sure where the game will be play .. but canada is an alternative in casa colombia and bolivia dont want to play peru..

HOLY SHIIIIT, can this be true???? Having been born in Peru, this game would be absolutely huge for me. I try to stay informed on Peruvian soccer, and this comes as a huge surprise to me. Someone provide a link. This is all I could find and it says nothing about Canada:

http://www.peru.com/futbol/AutoNoticias/FutbolSeleccion/2007/08/04/DetalleNoticia92755.asp

"La Comisión mundialista gestiona dos partidos amistosos frente a las selecciones de Bolivia y Colombia para el 8 y 12 de septiembre, respectivamente."

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

In case Colombia and Bolivia don't want to play Peru?

I'm guessing it's a long shot.

Agree, let's hope we have sent other invitations or that Bolivia and Colombia will decide to play a friendly together....

HERE IT IS:

http://www.elbocon.com.pe/Seleccion_desarrollo.php?nota_id=17036&nota_seccion=

Canadá y Grecia también quieren enfrentar a Perú

"Perú busca rivales antes de empezar las eliminatorias. Además del choque ante Costa Rica, programado para el 22 de agosto en San José, la Comisión Seleccionadora está por confirmar dos choques más, ante Colombia y Bolivia, aunque existe la opción de enfrentar a Canadá y Grecia.

Según Juvenal Silva, este tema se decidirá mañana: “Vemos distintas opciones. Se ha hablado de Colombia y Bolivia, pero recién el martes lo estaremos definiendo junto al comando técnico. Si es que estas opciones no prosperan, también se tienen las invitaciones de Canadá y Grecia para afrontar amistosos en setiembre”.

Los dos partidos restantes que pacte la selección se jugarán el 8 y 12 del próximo mes. En tanto, el presidente de la Comisión Sudáfrica 2010 se mostró conforme con la labor que viene desempeñando “Chemo” Del Solar: “Está revisando videos y dividiéndose la labor con Asteggiano para ver todos los partidos del torneo. Eso me parece interesante y muy buen augurio para lo que queremos, que es la clasificación”."

The Bolivia and Colombia friendlies have not been finalized. Greece and Canada are also options for the September dates.

As much as I would love for this one to happen, I dont think it will. South American WCQ is coming up really soon, and Peru will want the most appropriate and best prep games. Also, the Peruvian 'CSA' what they call their world cup committee directors are under a HUGE amount of pressure from fans and press, especially after a recent Coaching Hiring/Firing/Hiring debacle that makes the CSA-Simoes thing look highly professional. Playing Canada would be seen in Peru like another failure whn compared to the other teams, putting the powers that be in the line of fire once again. I dont see it happening but I can hope. The CSA would have to make this financially lucrative, and maybe with a big game at BMO or the SkyDome, this could actually work out.

quote:Originally posted by loyola

Agree, let's hope we have sent other invitations or that Bolivia and Colombia will decide to play a friendly together....

Colombia and Bolivia will WANT to play Peru, Peru is higher in the pecking order than both those teams right now and Bol and Col will want the prep.

Peru will bring their full A team to this game. Their new coach is green, but is seen as a 'Yallop' players coach type of guy, who will be very inclusive of all their top players. The recent problems had something to do with the Directors demanding the old coach NOT to call in Nolberto Solano from Newcastle, as he was seen as a bad influence on the team.

But this coach has stated he will include Solano and all of Peru's big name players from Europe. In the Copa America, Peru was missing their 2 most creative and offensive midfielders in Juan Vargas from Serie A and Solano from the EPL. This would be an amazing game. C'mon CSA, do this one for BrennanFan!

I have a bit of a question. In international friendlies there is a payment made by the home team to the visiting team correct? and in Canada we just can't really play friendlies at BMO in the winter, so why don't we scour the world, grab a few away winter friendlies, waive our share in exchange that they come to BMO in the summer and maybe waive there share and either we'd have alot of games next summer or we could *extremely wishful thinking* run a tournament?

quote:Originally posted by Juby

I have a bit of a question. In international friendlies there is a payment made by the home team to the visiting team correct? and in Canada we just can't really play friendlies at BMO in the winter, so why don't we scour the world, grab a few away winter friendlies, waive our share in exchange that they come to BMO in the summer and maybe waive there share and either we'd have alot of games next summer or we could *extremely wishful thinking* run a tournament?

The answer is very simple , Canada is seen as as a very weak team in the world. Therefore not many countries want to play canada or have canada as the first choice to play against.

Some highlights from my #2 team...

Jefferson Farfan: with PSV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3LPPqSbqsA

Solano: when he was with Aston Villa and one vs Uruguay in WCQ to win a crucial game at the last minute.

Juan Vargas: this goal was in the Argentinian league, but he now plays for Calcio Catania in Italy

Marino: up and comer scores at the Copa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5j--O4lSTE

...would be a great game. Peru has the edge but it would not be a huge surprise for Canada to beat Peru.

The answer is very simple , Canada is seen as as a very weak team in the world. Therefore not many countries want to play canada or have canada as the first choice to play against.

True maybe, but is Peru considered a strong opponent?

FIFA Rankings:

#50 - Peru

#52 - Canada

Yes the rankings could be wack, but I doubt Peru can really look down on Canada as a inferior opponent. Canada would give them a good game. Hey, Canada tied Venezuela in Venezuela without any prep, and have also beaten Costa Rica recently.

quote:Originally posted by Bertuzzi44

FIFA Rankings:

#50 - Peru

#52 - Canada

Yes the rankings could be wack, but I doubt Peru can really look down on Canada as a inferior opponent. Canada would give them a good game. Hey, Canada tied Venezuela in Venezuela without any prep, and have also beaten Costa Rica recently.

while the actual quality of the teams today may be close, Peru has a history and reputation of a certain level of quality, while Canada has a history and reputation of sucking. will take time and a world cup birth to change that. Games like this would help.

quote:Originally posted by Bertuzzi44

FIFA Rankings:

#50 - Peru

#52 - Canada

Yea no doubt but venezuela and costa rica do not have the big names as peru. Names dont make the team but names do make teams like peru look down to canada. Just to name a few

Pizarro - Chelsea england

Farfan- PSV holland

Solano- Newcastle englan

Guerrero- Hamburgo germany

Vargas- Catania italiy

Acasiete- Almeria spain liga

Rodriguez- braga portugal

bailon- braga portugal

forsyth- atalanta

hidalgo- Gremio Brazil

Plus they are going to call two new players

one of them play for the under 21 spain national team

Roberto Merino

the other is part of the under 21 sweden national team

Andres Vasquez

Raymond Manco - name best under 17 player in the southamerican tournament

They have more players playing in other european leagues that are going to be call, plus the ones playing in the peruvian league. Now it is a different story how they play as a team, which was the main reason for the peruvian federation firing the last coach ( he only call 5 players that play in europe , plus left a lot of good players out of the team). Canada can beat Peru , if they play the way they did in the copa america, but if the coach uses the players he has the right way , peru should beat canada no problem...

Names dont make the team but names do make teams like peru look down to canada. Just to name a few

Pizarro - Chelsea england

Farfan- PSV holland

Solano- Newcastle englan

Guerrero- Hamburgo germany

Vargas- Catania italiy

Acasiete- Almeria spain liga

Rodriguez- braga portugal

bailon- braga portugal

forsyth- atalanta

hidalgo- Gremio Brazil

Stalteri - Tottenham (England)

Hutchinson - FC Kobenhavn (Denmark)

Hastings - Inverness (Scotland)

Edgar - Newcastle (England)

Hume - Leicester (England)

de Vos - Ipswich (England)

Peters - Ipswich (England)

de Guzman - Deportivo (Spain)

Nsaliwa - AEK Athens (Greece)

You see? Two can play this game. Listing names doesn't prove a thing. And try to tell me Almeria and Catania are better than the higher Championship teams in England.

quote:Originally posted by Loud Mouth Soup

You see? Two can play this game. Listing names doesn't prove a thing. And try to tell me Almeria and Catania are better than the higher Championship teams in England.

you are putting teams from greece and scotland and denmark???.. come on man then here is a real list

Argentina

Roberto Jimenez -1983 - Delantero - San Lorenzo

Mexico

Walter Vilchez -1982 - defensor central - Puebla F.C

Michael Guevera -1984 - mediocampista - Nueva Leon (2dos div)

England

Nolberto Solano -1974 - Mediocampista - Newcastle unida

Claudio Pizarro -1978 - Delantero - Chelsea F.C

Miguel Mostto - 1977 - Delantero - Barnsley (2dos div)

spain

Santiago Acasiete -1977 - defensa central - Almería

Morales de Nicolás - 1988 - Mediocampista - Cádiz FC (España II)

Italy

Juan Vargas -1983- Mediocampista - Catania

forsyth 1982 gollie Atalante

Germany

Paolo Guerrero -1984 - Delantero- Hamburgo

Carlos Zambrano -1989 - central de Schalke 04

France

Wilmer Aguirre -1983 - Delantero - FC Metz

Manuel Corrales -1982- Mediocampista - FC Metz

Holanda

Jefferson Farfan -1984 -Delantero - PSV

Portugal

Alberto Rodriguez -1984 - defensor - Sporting Braga

Jairzinho Baylon -1989 - Delantero - Sporting Braga

Ucrania

Andres Mendoza -1978 - delantero - Metalurg Donetsk

Suiza

Rinaldo Cruzado -1984 - Mediocampista - Grasshoppers

Belgium

Daniel Chavez -1988 - delnatero - club Brujas

Poland

Henry Quinteros -1977 - Mediocampista - Lech Poznán

Hernan Rengifo -1983 -delantero - Lech Poznán

Alexander Sanchez - 1983 - Mediocampista - GKS Be#322;chatów

Jhoel Herrera - 1980 - lateral derecho - GKS Be#322;chatów

Greece

Juan Pajuelo -1974 - defensa central - Ionokos

Piero Alva - 1979 - delantero - Xanthi FC

Roberto Merino 1983 Astromitos

sweeden

Andres Vasquez -1987 - mediocampista - IFK Goteborg

Chipre

Paco Bazan -1980 - portero - Anorthosis Famagusta FC

Manuel Barreto -1982 - delantero- Apoel FC

Brasil

Hidalgo de Martin -1976 - inter de porto alegre

and btw none of these players are playin g for a youth development program...

well, i know both teams pretty damn well, and basically it comes down to this. if the pools were merged, this would be the lineup

pizarro farfan

vargas hutchinson deguzman solano

klukowski acasiete rodriguez stalteri

hirschfeld

pretty even, though peru has a deeper pool and has much better firepower and finishing. however, it should be noted that peru often has tough time scoring goals in intl play and often choke at home or whenever they are under pressure. and they have a history of getting screwed.

and btw not too break your heart or anything Ipswich is not even a premier league team , neither is Leicester. From that list I can consider edgar davis ( who is not a starter) and stalteri who is actually a starter I believe..

Of course de guzman who for me is the best player in canada right now. De Guzman is the #10 peru is missing...

And catania and almeria are better than championship teams because they are both first division teams in italy and spain

quote:Originally posted by BrennanFan

well, i know both teams pretty damn well, and basically it comes down to this. if the pools were merged, this would be the lineup

pizarro farfan

vargas hutchinson deguzman solano

klukowski acasiete rodriguez stalteri

hirschfeld

pretty even, though peru has a deeper pool and has much better firepower and finishing. however, it should be noted that peru often has tough time scoring goals in intl play and often choke at home or whenever they are under pressure. and they have a history of getting screwed.

I agree with you .. Peru has a lot of good players and a deeper player pool than canada but they have not found a coach that can bring the players together and make a decent team. It would not be a surprise if canada beat them but my point is that with the player pool they should be doing a lot better than what they did in copa america

And catania and almeria are better than championship teams because they are both first division teams in italy and spain

Sorry, but because you're a 'top flight' team doesn't make you better by default.

And don't try telling me that Cyprus, Ukraine, Belgium, Poland and other weaker 'top flights' are better than the Championship.

And you yourself just tried using a player listed with Barnsley. And you questioned my listing Greece, then used it yourself. Kinda kills the argument, don't you think?

Sorry, but because you're a 'top flight' team doesn't make you better by default.

And don't try telling me that Cyprus, Ukraine, Belgium, Poland and other weaker 'top flights' are better than the Championship.

And you yourself just tried using a player listed with Barnsley. And you questioned my listing Greece, then used it yourself. Kinda kills the argument, don't you think?

But who has the bigger penis?

Enough with the dick wagging please, it's pointless to talk about hypotheticals like this.

Hopefully Canada gets a friendly that day, if it's against Peru... great. If it's against someone else... that's great too.

Archived