Toronto v. LA [R]

BrennanFan

quote:Originally posted by Niagara Hammer

Does anybody know why Toronto has not signed a Designated player?

BY all accounts, they wont use the designated player allotment this year. It is used, in large part, as a marketing vehicle and with ticket sale and demand that so strong, the club saw no need to use the DP this year.

Interesting thing about the DP though. If you were to show up at any supporters gathering before and after any game. This is the topic that dominates most discussions. It is quite fun to speculate and to hear all the names that get bandied around. You can be sure that when they do use their DP, the discussions are going to be endless. because there is little agreement amongst the fans over who that player should be or even the type of player or the culture that he comes from.

Kudos, to MLS for introducing this rule because it does spur alot of discussion and that is what this all about.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Free kick

BY all accounts, they wont use the designated player allotment this year. It is used, in large part, as a marketing vehicle and with ticket sale and demand that so strong, the club saw no need to use the DP this year.

Interesting thing about the DP though. If you were to show up at any supporters gathering before and after any game. This is the topic that dominates most discussions. It is quite fun to speculate and to hear all the names that get bandied around. You can be sure that when they do use their DP, the discussions are going to be endless. because there is little agreement amongst the fans over who that player should be or even the type of player or the culture that he comes from.

Kudos, to MLS for introducing this rule because it does spur alot of discussion and that is what this all about.

\

just wondering what are the names people want as the DP??

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

You're going to give him a BJ?

Now Grizzly You know I dont do those things, but let me clarify I give him his 100$ back so he can stop crying, and then kick him up the ars and send him away with my shoe stuck so high it will take Newby a week to take it out. becasue of his comments. But he has to present himself to me first and that assuming it is a he and he has the testicals to show up. But at least he get his money and a shoe to go home with.....

Archived