Roster for Iceland...

Instead of planning how to win the game being a friendly, give them the result if nessessary who cares, the most important issue is looking to bringing up some young talented players that have not been capped now would be a good time, like Edgar and others that can play at this level.

Secondly I think the roster for Iceland will indicate what is Mr Mitchel intention, is he looking for a result or an understanding of players he could have working for him.

Remmeber that I have said these are friendly games not a cup....

lot of goals, lot of space for players to move freely and most of all it has to be entertaining , ther is no better time to use players with least amount of experience to be asked. The result will not matter to anyone provided the roster indicated that if the roster is strickly the same players then result would matter to some degree...

When the roster is out that will indicate if we are moving forward towards focusing on a Big Picture of qualifying, rather then a small one and no bullets in an empty gun.

didn't you say that after he was nowhere to be found during venezuela and the gold cup that he didn't want to be back up sutton (if that's true he really screwed the pooch on that one). Anyway, you didn't even respond, you just repeated yourself and contridicted yourself like a crazy conspiracy theorist. There are far greater tragedies then lars hirschfield backing up sutton or stamatopolous. your statements honestly seem just ridiculous, like who HASN'T worked for someone less qualified then themselves? I am a university student who's summer job is at KFC (yeah, kentucky...Fried...Chicken) I don't mean to sound like a douche but I am probably smarter then a few of the managers, but If when I started working there I started to bitch about how I should be in charge and how I shouldn't be under these people I'd get rightfully fired, instead, I however just did my job, and did it with enthusiasm, now, in my second summer there, I got a 50 cent raise, it's not amazing but it's pretty good considering I'd only worked there for 3 months, 9 months before that.

Look at andrew hainault, alot of people wanted him called for the gold cup, he got called, probably wasn't expected to be a starter when he first showed up for camp, he impressed and all of sudden, he's starting CB. Maybe lars won't get instantly put in as starting keeper but if he shows a little commitment to the team, he will get rewarded. The people who are down for Canada at all time deserve to start more anyways because a good committed attitude leads to better performances in international football, people with poor attitudes can be cancer on a teams psyche. I say this again, there are far greater tragedies then lars having to earn his starting keeper spot back, god forbid he still show commitment in the face of a adversity.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

Why is it any time we have an interesting meaningful discussion about the possible Canadian roster for an upcoming match, it degenerates into ridiculous conspiracy theories about Lars Hirshfeld?

I think its just more personal and then it turns into conspiracy. Eveyone express themselves accordinly some do it best then others in this forum. LArs is no exception as Im sure there could be many as why not this and why not that. Your right Gian Luca its ridiculous nonsence and a waste of time even commiting on it.

quote:Originally posted by Jubydidn't you say that after he was nowhere to be found during venezuela and the gold cup that he didn't want to be back up sutton

Yes I did say that. Congratulations you can read.

quote:(if that's true he really screwed the pooch on that one).

Not really. If he had, when Sutton was injured the replacement called up, as it turned out Onstad with Waagenar getting hurt, would have been made the starter. Like I already said no point ruining the "plans" they have set in place for 3 and a half, and 2 and a half years, just because of someones injury.

quote:Anyway, you didn't even respond, you just repeated yourself and contridicted yourself like a crazy conspiracy theorist.

Wow you make alot of sense. :D Repeating yourself is the complete opposite of contradicting yourself. Yet I was somehow repeating and contradicting myself. You really make so much sense.

Give me an example how I was ever contradicting myself. I have stuck by my what I said 3 and a half years ago, and 2 and a half years ago, and all this time later I am still 100% right. I see no need to contradict myself when my initial calls on what was happening have been right for all this time. No need to change what I have been right on after all this time to the wrong views of the others.

quote:There are far greater tragedies then lars hirschfield backing up sutton or stamatopolous. your statements honestly seem just ridiculous, like who HASN'T worked for someone less qualified then themselves? I am a university student who's summer job is at KFC (yeah, kentucky...Fried...Chicken) I don't mean to sound like a douche but I am probably smarter then a few of the managers, but If when I started working there I started to bitch about how I should be in charge and how I shouldn't be under these people I'd get rightfully fired, instead, I however just did my job, and did it with enthusiasm, now, in my second summer there, I got a 50 cent raise, it's not amazing but it's pretty good considering I'd only worked there for 3 months, 9 months before that.

Your example is laughable. You are new where you began working so you should start at the bottom. Also saying you think you are smarter does not amount to "qualifications". Lars was there before Greg and Kenny, and was mysteriously dropped below them, for no reason whatsoever at the exact time the CSA began the conspiracy plan which I called so long ago, and have continued to be shown right on all this time later. His situation was nothing similar to yours at your job. He was without any half valid reason or explanation dropped below people he had never been behind to begin with. Not superior players, not people playing at a higher level at the time, just CSA pets who fit into the plans of the incompetent CSA.

Guest Can. in UK
quote:Originally posted by MikeF

Do you guys know these players personally, or are they just random Facebook adds? Sorry, just been curious.

Randomly for me.

Not all will accept as friends, but the vast majority are pretty responsive to emails.

quote:Originally posted by Can. in UK

Jamie Peters has mentioned on facebook that he has not been invited to Iceland.

I'm assuming that's as far as he knows. Given that there's over three weeks to go until the friendly, I suspect the roster has not been finalized yet & Peters could still be called - unless Mitchell has called him up to say that he won't be calling him this time round.

Guest Jeffery S.

I'm assuming that's as far as he knows. Given that there's over three weeks to go until the friendly, I suspect the roster has not been finalized yet & Peters could still be called - unless Mitchell has called him up to say that he won't be calling him this time round.

Seeing that I thought maybe there was a league fixture, but not only are they free that midweek, but Ipswich has the longest break between league matches, from the previous Saturday to the following Sunday, while the rest of the division plays on the Saturday after.

quote:Originally posted by loyola

Thanks to frank_e on BS, Daniel Imhoff will be in Iceland:

http://www.vfl-bochum.de/vfl2006/home/index.htm

That's good to hear, it's been awhile since we've seen Imhof, and I'd like to see how well he would fit in as the d-mid in the 4-5-1 system behind the likes of DeGuzman, Hutchinson & De Ro. Certainly I think he'd be much stronger defensively than Martin Nash was.

Yes, it will be good to see how Daniel does, likely in the role that G-L described. He will certainly be an improvement in most areas on Nash, though I think Nash's distribution--especially long range--is better.

Which makes me wonder: How many of us will call for Dale's head--again?--based solely on his roster selection for this friendly?

I'm sure this has been covered already, but do we know of any TV coverage for this game?

I think Gerry Dobson mentioned on his blog that next up for Sportsnet's soccer broadcasts for Canada is the game against Costa Rica, which would suggest that at this point they are not going to show it. However, the last time we got an away friendly shown on tv, it was Gol TV that showed it. Maybe we should be knocking on their door (or FSWC) to see if they will show it.

I think Gerry Dobson mentioned on his blog that next up for Sportsnet's soccer broadcasts for Canada is the game against Costa Rica, which would suggest that at this point they are not going to show it. However, the last time we got an away friendly shown on tv, it was Gol TV that showed it. Maybe we should be knocking on their door (or FSWC) to see if they will show it.

The Venezuela friendly was away and on Sportsnet.

quote:Originally posted by The Beaver

Yes, it will be good to see how Daniel does, likely in the role that G-L described. He will certainly be an improvement in most areas on Nash, though I think Nash's distribution--especially long range--is better.

Good to see Imhoff back and I too am looking forward to see him fit in the spot in front of the back four. During the WCQ he did demonstrate some long range distribution capability, but as long as he concentrates on switching the ball quickly from one flank to the other and avoid being caught in possession when under pressure, then I think he'll be okay. If Ledgerwood is playing in this role for 1860, then may be they could share a half and see who stands out.

quote:Originally posted by BearcatSA

Good to see Imhoff back and I too am looking forward to see him fit in the spot in front of the back four. During the WCQ he did demonstrate some long range distribution capability, but as long as he concentrates on switching the ball quickly from one flank to the other and avoid being caught in possession when under pressure, then I think he'll be okay. If Ledgerwood is playing in this role for 1860, then may be they could share a half and see who stands out.

The mention of Ledgerwood raises the question of who from past U20 teams might Mitchell bring into the senior program. I get the impresseion he won't rush anybody, that he feels that it is most important for these young guys to play a lot for their clubs, to develop into full professionals and good footballers. Ledgerwood, with another year or two, should be ready to join the senior side, you'd think.

Archived