Victoria Gatherings: Upcoming National Team Games

ted

FORT VICTORIA VOYAGEURS - Upcoming Games

GAME: South Africa vs Men's National Team (Friendly)

DATE: November 17 or 21, 2007

TIME: tba (Kickoff: TBA)

PUB: Shark Club on Douglas and Hillside??

TV broadcast not yet confirmed.

quote:Originally posted by BrennanFan

I suppose this thread should go into the new 'Voyageurs' forum.

Hmmm, I'd object to that actually. That should be Voyageurs business whereas something like this is specifically about watching the national team. I think posts like this would get lost and ignored by newcomers or casual fans who drop by looking for a gathering to watch a senior team game.

quote:Originally posted by gwallace76

We should set up a Victoria Facebook group to post events and such.

If it would catch people's attention sure, but this forum is where we should be arranging the details. You will have to do it however as I'm not on Facebook and don't really need yet another online community thanks. ;)

quote:Originally posted by Sigma

If the game is on television... ;)

From Gerry Dobson's latest blog:

"Soccercentral will be there for you as well. We'll have highlights, as well as features. We'll cover Toronto and Major League Soccer on a weekly basis. We'll also dive into the Canadian Soccer Association on a regular basis to try and keep them on their toes. Don't forget, we'll be broadcasting their matches as well. Next up is the Costa Rica game at BMO Field in September."

Not sure how much Gerry really knows but this might mean that Sportsnet is showing the Costa Rica game but not the Iceland game.

• 3 weeks later...
quote:Originally posted by El Hombre

Not sure how much Gerry really knows but this might mean that Sportsnet is showing the Costa Rica game but not the Iceland game.

Less than a week to go and the game is not on their TV schedule. :(

I guess I should remove the Iceland game.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Should this type of thread be moved to the new Voyageurs section?

I answered that very question above.

In case you cannot scroll up :D :

quote:Hmmm, I'd object to that actually. That should be Voyageurs business whereas something like this is specifically about watching the national team. I think posts like this would get lost and ignored by newcomers or casual fans who drop by looking for a gathering to watch a senior team game.

• 3 weeks later...
quote:Originally posted by gwallace76

That's a good question. Shouldn't be hard to find a place as game time is rather early, 4:00 our time. Is everyone going to be able to make an early time like this?

I'm in! Are we good with "your place" ie: Traveller's Inn City Center Lounge?

They won't kick us out and they have food right?

I will find out what the schedule is like for next Wednesday at the hotel. There is a possibility that we have a few large groups in that night which the lounge may be pretty packed around dinner time. The food is quite good in the lounge and restaurant and is reasonably priced.

The other alternative is the Shark Club on Douglas and Hillside. There won't be a problem getting a table there for 4PM. I'll call them tomorrow and see if they will be able to put the game on the big screen for us if the lounge is out.

Ok, we do indeed have a large group at our hotels next week so I wouldn't recommend our lounge.

I have managed to get us a table at Shark Club in front of the big screen for 4PM. Brennan Fan are you going to be able to make it? What about Mad Cap Mac? Haven't heard from Drew in a long time. Also Paddy, are you coming? The more the merrier.

Archived