Canadians on TV - July 24th

masster

I thought I would post this in its own thread so more people might see it.

We should be able to watch Adrian Serioux and Ante Jazic tonight in the Superliga. Both games will be on Fox Sports World Canada. FC Dallas plays at 6:00pm pacific and the LA Galaxy (without Beckham) play at 8:00pm pacific.

Serioux has looked pretty good out there thus far in centre-back, nice to see. There were some people on bigsoccer who had been claiming that Serioux was finished thanks to his knee injury but he seems to be proving them wrong.

There's also been a lot of talk about there not being enough Canadian talent MLS crisis, but there actually is enough Canadian talent currently in the league to field a predmoninantly Canadian roster on TFC, it's just that a lot of it is spread out in the league. Even leaving aside Onstad, if you add Serioux, DeRo, Jazic & Harmse to the four TFC Canucks who play regularly (Brennan, Lombardo, Pozniak & either Sutton or Djekanovic) you'd have 8 potential Cdn starters for one MLS team, and in potentially 8 different positions. Naturally it has to get better than this in years to come, especially if there are more Canadian teams to come, but I expect that will happen in time.

Archived