Provincal Rep Senior Mens Challenge Cup?

From NL it should be St. Lawrence. We are heads and tails above the rest, just gotta start putting the ball in the net. That is usually the biggest difference at nationals too. You get teams from BC, Ont, Que, and Alb who score when given a chance. Then most of the rest need 3 or 4 chances to score a goal.

Shediac Rams and Dieppe Strikers are going to go the wire in Codiac Senior Premier League. I've heard that there are some strong teams in the Chaleur league that will play hard. Unfortunately haven't heard much about the Fundy League or Madawaska/Victoria. Not sure about the Capital region how they'll handle a rep since Freddy has a team in the NS league? Most likely some kind of tourney? This is what happened a few years ago when there was attempt at a Maritime league and NS teams didn't join. Which became known as the NB/PEI Senior League. FDSA I'm sure will decide how not to tick off members ;). Soccer NB will always allow the regions to qualify for the provincials.

But Challenge/Jubilee Cup's will be at the CN Sportplex starting Aug 17.

Looking forward to good weekend of soccer.

EDIT:

Oops of course this is NB and the provincial Challenge/Jubilee Cups.

quote:Originally posted by argh1

At what ground in Halifax will the Nationals be held?

It will be 5 fields.

-Mainland North Common Field #1

-Mainland North Common Field #2

-Burnside Field #1

-Burnside Field #1

-Wickwire Field (Dalhousie University)

Does anyone want me to post pictures of them ?

quote:Originally posted by argh1

Shediac Rams and Dieppe Strikers are going to go the wire in Codiac Senior Premier League. I've heard that there are some strong teams in the Chaleur league that will play hard. Unfortunately haven't heard much about the Fundy League or Madawaska/Victoria. Not sure about the Capital region how they'll handle a rep since Freddy has a team in the NS league? Most likely some kind of tourney? This is what happened a few years ago when there was attempt at a Maritime league and NS teams didn't join. Which became known as the NB/PEI Senior League. FDSA I'm sure will decide how not to tick off members ;). Soccer NB will always allow the regions to qualify for the provincials.

But Challenge/Jubilee Cup's will be at the CN Sportplex starting Aug 17.

Looking forward to good weekend of soccer.

EDIT:

Oops of course this is NB and the provincial Challenge/Jubilee Cups.

Fredericton has a team in the Eastlink Men's Premiership called the Picaroon's Reds.

In Alberta, the Calgary Callies are top of the AMSL table with 11 wins and 1 draw. They look to be the club to beat.

Edmonton Green & Gold hold second spot, 7 points back (and Callies have a game in hand).

Mind you, when provincials come, anything can happen, but those would be the horses I'd bet on.

• 2 weeks later...

Dieppe Strikers won the Codiac Premier League title. Second place Shediac Rams have entered the Van Horne Cup (div 2 Provincials) along with Dalhousie Strikers, Charlotte County Schooners, Fundy Soccer Plus, Sussex United, Petit Rocher, Péninsule Acadienne, and FC Kingston Peninsula. To be held in Tracadie-Sheila this weekend, Aug 10-12

The winner of the Van Horne Cup has the right to challenge the lowest seeded entrant to the NB Challenge Cup for a berth in the NB Challenge Cup tourney. If there is a challenge the game will be Aug 15.

quote:Originally posted by Laurentian

Hey Regs,

Do you know Joe Cecchini? He used to play for Surrey Pegasus. He has 10 goals for us this season. What was he like when he played for Pegasus?

Rob

Rob,

Sorry for the late reply... I've never heard of him so he certainly wasn't a part of the squad up until I 'retired' (2004 after Nationals). I suppose he may have played for one of the 'lower' division teams in the club that bought the Pegasus team (and name) and moved it to Surrey.

Cheers,

~Regs.

quote:Originally posted by Regs

Rob,

Sorry for the late reply... I've never heard of him so he certainly wasn't a part of the squad up until I 'retired' (2004 after Nationals). I suppose he may have played for one of the 'lower' division teams in the club that bought the Pegasus team (and name) and moved it to Surrey.

Cheers,

~Regs.

Archived