Utube Game Highlights - Columbus

quote:Originally posted by Krammerhead

Who were the Toronto supporters at the game? They were identified on Sportsnet as the Red Patch Boys.

I know Gerry Dobson only mentioned the Red Patch Boys but the cameras did show a U-Sector banner displayed prominently.

quote:Originally posted by jonovision

I know Gerry Dobson only mentioned the Red Patch Boys but the cameras did show a U-Sector banner displayed prominently.

Gerry calls all TFC fans on away trips Red Patch Boys, regardless of the usector scarves and banners on tv. Its just what happens when you give a non-soccer guy a soccer play-by-play job.

quote:Originally posted by RealGooner

Gerry calls all TFC fans on away trips Red Patch Boys, regardless of the usector scarves and banners on tv. Its just what happens when you give a non-soccer guy a soccer play-by-play job.

I suspect that he has it in for the group. maybe he is a little sensitive about some of the stuff that people have written about his game commentary. I dont know, but I noticed this in the game versus Chicago when he was partnered with Jason deVos. He cannot possibly not recognize the faces next to the U-sector banner. They are the same faces that he would have seen at many Canada matches ( GC, WCQ, freindlies etc) in the past. Thats not the case with RPB who should be strangers to him.

quote:Originally posted by Free kick

I suspect that he has it in for the group. maybe he is a little sensitive about some of the stuff that people have written about his game commentary. I dont know, but I noticed this in the game versus Chicago when he was partnered with Jason deVos. He cannot possibly not recognize the faces next to the U-sector banner. They are the same faces that he would have seen at many Canada matches ( GC, WCQ, freindlies etc) in the past. Thats not the case with RPB who should be strangers to him.

Well who cares then, really.

Archived