MNT Jersey cresting????

Well, then you should wait until they actually qualify because they will come out with new kits specifically for the 2010 World Cup. Those will be easier to find since they will be mass produced.

I personally think we should ditch the all red scheme. We need to try something new. A massive overhaul with the way soccer is run by the CSA should include a uniform change as well. Maybe white shirts with red and black trimmings, black shorts and white socks as the home kits. Red Shirt with white and black trimmings, White shorts and Black socks as the away kits. I'd like to see something competely new. Erase the memory of past failures that are tied with the all red kits.

quote:Originally posted by Macksam

Well, then you should wait until they actually qualify because they will come out with new kits specifically for the 2010 World Cup. Those will be easier to find since they will be mass produced.

I personally think we should ditch the all red scheme. We need to try something new. A massive overhaul with the way soccer is run by the CSA should include a uniform change as well. Maybe white shirts with red and black trimmings, black shorts and white socks as the home kits. Red Shirt with white and black trimmings, White shorts and Black socks as the away kits. I'd like to see something competely new. Erase the memory of past failures that are tied with the all red kits.

I kinda like that idea... Italy's flag is red white and green yet they play in all blue, same with Japan. Australia is Yellow and Green yet they're flag is Blue White and Red. Maybe Canada should go all Green or all Yellow something completely different. The recent U20 performance suggests an all brown kit but we won't go there... :D

But the tradition in me says keep the colours, change it to something more club-like with red and white hooped shirts and white shorts and red socks.

quote:Originally posted by Danny Boy

I kinda like that idea... Italy's flag is red white and green yet they play in all blue, same with Japan. Australia is Yellow and Green yet they're flag is Blue White and Red. Maybe Canada should go all Green or all Yellow something completely different. The recent U20 performance suggests an all brown kit but we won't go there... :D

But the tradition in me says keep the colours, change it to something more club-like with red and white hooped shirts and white shorts and red socks.

Italy plays in blue because that was the colour of the monarchy. Somebody mentioned it on the board before and I like it...Canada should have a kit like Ajax, just reverse the white and the red so it looks like our flag.

quote:Originally posted by masster

Canada should have a kit like Ajax, just reverse the white and the red so it looks like our flag.

Totally! That's what I've been thinking for years. Of course, I actually like the current logo and would like it to stay, but obviously in the center of the jersey and a little bigger. [8D]

I am a bit of a traditionalist and like the all red, however I would like to see REEBOK have a crack at our kits. They seem to have a great jump on design. Look at the new hockey jerseys? I would want to stay from the the Italian look of Japan 2002, where they had the rubber stretch jerseys. Those combined with the fact they all look like they put motor oil in their hair before playing didn't sit well with my familigia.

That being said, i like the current kits. I would rather see us in SA then have a great kit....although the csa will probably spend more on the design then getting our teams proper funding and resources to get us to the WC

Reebok is owned and run by Adidas so switching to them isn't really switching at all... just depends whether Adidas wants to put their own logo on the uniform or the RBK logo on it. And to Macksam, check out West Ham and Manchester City for Reebok kits.

As for the kit, Adidas is becoming too much like Nike used to be with these awful cookie cutters. The top countries seem to have their uniforms at least a slight bit unique but the have nots are all wearing the exact same uniform with different colours. Or in the case of T & T, the exact same uniform as Canada except for the badge. I'd like it if we switched to Nike.

quote:Originally posted by maccaliam

Don't new kits come out at the start of qualifying? and if you make it to the World Cup, teams tend to still wear the same one they wore during their qualifying, don't they?

I think it depends on the team I guess. If I can recall, Netherlands, Germany and Portugal all wore their EURO 2004 kits for qualifying. However, when the World Cup started, they came out with new kits.

• 3 weeks later...

Sportswear shack in toronto does cresting for all those addidas jerseys...I just got them to order the numbering like all the adidas jerseys they have now.....they screwed up the front number on one of my jerseys and put it in the middle under the adidas logo instead of off to the side...it still looks great I think...I have all three jerseys....White, Red and Black third jersey....the white one is done with Hutchinson #13 like the gold cup, Red will be done #6 De Guzman, and black with #14 De Rosario......I hope they at least put the front number in the right spot on the last 2 jerseys....you would figure they should know that it was off centered being a soccer store and all...but I still love it and will have to decide which one I am going to wear for the Can vs. Costa Rica game....decisions...decisions....

Archived