Voyageurs Section: vs Costa Rica - Sept 12

JamesW

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by loyola

Euh..no. They should release the roster for the Iceland game first. Lately, with all the problems they're having assembling a squad (injuries and Lars dropping out...) the CSA has released their roster a few days before the game.

That's what I meant. My mistake.

I think it is good the CSA is trying to have a Canadian supporters section and think it is a good idea to work with TFC and their supporters groups to achieve this. There does need to be a mechanism though to allow other Canadian supporters to buy tickets in these areas at the same time as the TFC fans. The CSA should allow people to sign up to such a program through their website or have some sort of mechanism allowing the Voyageurs to purchase tickets at the same time as TFC supporters. I doubt we would have to worry to much about away team supporters registering to buy tickets in our section because they are going to want their own section anyway.

Ok guys, i know this is probobly too late (but with me being in ny for the tfc game, i just got this email)

The entire south end is still on hold, and are not available to the public. They are about to give me a link to a ticketmaster page with a code that only (usector and the vees or anyone who uses this board can use)

Tickets are 15 Dollars and the link should be finalized in the next 2 hrs. I appologize if people have already bought there tickets but this is the best i could do.

More info to come..

Juby, glad to see you got supporters section seats.

Can't wait for this game. It will be alot of fun. I really hope the U-Sector and the RPB's come out and cheer as hard for Canada as they do for TFC. They are the best part about sitting in the south stands so I hope they come out in full voice.

Anyone have any idea how many tickets have been sold thus far? I really hope we can manage a sell out, or something very close to it.

Ok, well still the page is not built...

But if you would like tickets in our usector section we have a section of 160 tickets bought in 114.... we have about 55 left.

If you want in, goto this page and request the ammount of tickets you want. And then in the next week please try and make it to the usector clubhouse durrin a tfc game and pay Franky.

http://z15.invisionfree.com/U_Sector/index.php?showtopic=3496

After we sell out these final 55, we will be purchasing more tickets as a group and continue the section.

Ok now what songs and keep it short no longer than 1 or 2 minutes each.Sing several that is and maybe you should get to that stadium way ahead of time just to practise and if nessesary print them out and distribute as well.

Just a little but magic organization that will be so amazing once we get going.

How about the Red Boys,are they involved or are we in contact with them as well as the U section. I really don't know just wondering in writing.

quote:Originally posted by john tv

Ok now what songs and keep it short no longer than 1 or 2 minutes each.Sing several that is and maybe you should get to that stadium way ahead of time just to practise and if nessesary print them out and distribute as well.

How about the Red Boys,are they involved or are we in contact with them as well as the U section. I really don't know just wondering in writing.

Here's RPB's current thread on chants and songs, which includes a link to the Voyageurs' Canada Chants thread:

http://s3.excoboard.com/exco/thread.php?forumid=2564&threadid=144525&page=2#1794832

As I wrote on the RPB board, I would expect that people's attention will be elsewhere until after Labour Day, but we should pour on the gasoline in the week leading up to September 12th.

A thought: TFC is in Dallas on Sept. 8 and that might be a good time to get together to try out some of the chants.

Tifo, anyone?

If you havnt noticed, right above your post im talking about how usector has over 200 tickets to the game in the south end.... So i think usector is going to play a lil part in this game... tho i could be wrong :D

As long as everybody has very healthy lungs a good pitch and lots of enthousiasm,hey the whole alphabet section could be a feast never experienced ever in Canadian soccer. To be very honest I really can't wait and see the faces of our players who for so many years only saw and heard the opposition in force. This is changing time, Canada time and historic time stuff as well.

This is also the very first time our no 1 team playes at their National Stadium and boy they will never forget that day I sincerely hope so and in fact expect.

How about these Red Patch boys are they in or strictly TFC?

quote:Originally posted by Toronto Ruffrider

A lot of RPBs have purchased tickets for this match. At last count on Saturday, there were at least 90 RPBs in 115, as well quite a few in sections 114 and 116. Naturally, there will be a lot of RPBs in 112, as that is the regular RPB section.

I'm also RPB and I've got 24 people coming to sit in 117. There are some other RPBs in 117/118 who also purchased their regular season tix for the Tico game. I think it is safe to assume that the entire curva will be full of Voyageurs/Usector/RPB.

Great Guys, I really want you all to bring that CN tower down with your singing and support.

It is so vital to our players and also a warning to any other foreign team ,this is "NOW OUR TERRITORY" and we are in charge here. No more of that old and annoying crap.Singing,Shirts and flags for starters.This is our National stadium and the world will know about us!

ps,

(One more very little reason to sing, I will be seventy the next day,old effen bastard he)

Come to think of it,I wonder if any of our MNT players have a birthday that day. There is a good song and a lot of fun.

I noticed that the kick of time is 7pm so since I was born in Holland,I will be 70 when that game starts.effen awfull,what a thought,effen 70,jesus.

ps One more very little reason to sing, I will be seventy the next day,old effen bastard he.

Come to think of it,I wonder if any of our MNT players have a birthday that day. There is a good song and a lot of fun.

Sorry, John -- no dice on the birthdays. Here are the closest (according to Wikipedia):

Gabriel Gervais 9/18/1976

Patrice Bernier 9/23/1979

Sandro Grande 9/29/1977

Well I am an RPB and I will certainly be there as well as my 8 seats in 115.....my regular TFC seasons plus some extras...I think RPB will be well represented at the game as well......Lots of Canadian soccer supporters in our lot!

I was driving home and listened to my favorite radio station 98.1 while in very deep thought about this subject. Than they played this song" One more time" by Phil Collins and yes my very creative mind started winding up and visualizing ,sort of well if our team is leading why not sing this song,ONE MORE TIME. I was even blown away by that thought.Can you imagine what our players would feel and think, such motivation it will be so extremely magic, One more time Wow.

I leave the lyrics up to you.

Archived