Voyageurs Section: vs Costa Rica - Sept 12

JamesW

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My brother in law and I got 8 seats in section 115......the south end should be rocking with Canada supporters...it will be interesting to know on Monday how many supporters actually got seats.......I hope the whole south end fills up before they go on sale to the public! That would be wicked!

grrrrr, damnit, no don't hope it gets sold out before it hits the public, I'm planning on making my triumpant return to t-dot in a couple weeks so obviously I don't have season tickets, in a couple days could someone give me a recommendation for a close spot to the supporters section when I get my tickets?

quote:Originally posted by Juby

grrrrr, damnit, no don't hope it gets sold out before it hits the public, I'm planning on making my triumpant return to t-dot in a couple weeks so obviously I don't have season tickets, in a couple days could someone give me a recommendation for a close spot to the supporters section when I get my tickets?

Juby, I got 6 tickets and might only end up needing 4-5. If you don't manage to get south end seats, drop me a line and I'll hook you up with a tic.

quote:Originally posted by BrennanFan

why did it take so long to decide on something so incredibly straight forward?

Cause they clearly choose the wrong...way to do it.

This is a National team game, the tickets must be available to all on a first come first serve basis.

If the CSA has decided to make the national team a feeder to TFC they damn well move the money for the mens national team program to the womens and have TFC season ticket fans carry the cost.

The CSA has a must smarter option to sell tickets and create a National Team Fan Club by selling the tickets on line ... first to holders a National Fan Club membership ( say a $30.00 dollar fee ) the fan club size would be capped at 25,000 members. Thus anyone in Canada could have a chance at ticket purchases based on being a fan club member.

The annual renewal fee would generate $750,000 to be used as seed money to fund MNT games in Canada.

The CSA once again is being dumb and not creating a National Program ..its going to hurt the Natinoal team program very very quickly when people realize ...only TFC season ticket holders get to see live MNT games ever.

If you think 25,000 people would pay a $30 yearly CSA membership you are clearly misjudging demand for the Canadian MNT.

I think this is the way to go, the US does this for their qualifiers against Mexico et al when they play in Columbus. Crew season holders get first crack to keep the foreign fans from getting their grubby paws on tickets.

The CSA has it right for the first time. When i was a season ticket holder for the oilers, we had the option to purchase tickets for other events. It was limited to certain sections. After the Costa Rica game, CSA can judge on what to change. But i think they will have to look at the prices. I would not pay over $40 to watch Costa Rica, let alone $100 according to ticketmaster. A yearly fee would not work unless the CSA plans on having six games a year all over Canada.

I think Trillium has it right and wrong. But either way, raises an important point which needs to be addressed.

I don't believe there is enough demand around Canada for the sort of scheme described but I do believe it is important that attention be given to the national supporters outside Toronto. And some very serious attention. This has to be an important priority for the CSA as it speaks to the whole idea of a "National Stadium" concept.

If we're going to have a National Stadium, which will be home to the national teams and get the Lion's Share of the international fixtures blah, blah, blah, you can't punish TFC non-season ticket holders, and most expecially non-season ticket holders from outside Toronto. There has to be a means by which all Canadians can have an opportunity to support Canada at "The National Stadium".

Even if all 14,000 season ticket holders purchase tickets for Canada fixtures that leaves at most 6,000 seats up for grabs. And I don't want to be competing with the ticket buying whims of the GTA on a 1st come 1st serve basis for those tickets. If we have to set aside an allotment of tickets for travelling fans for FIFA fixtures can we no set aside an allotment for Canadain supporters from outside Toronto too?

A scheme to discuss another time but I think an important issue. Otherwise you're poisoning this whole ideal of a National Stadium.

Anyway NT matches at BMO, serving the CANADIAN public and creating a pro-Canadian atmosphereis is all rather new. And some things will need to be worked out with it but this is definately a positive 1st step.

I personally believe that if the CSA had a Fan Club membership like the one Trillium suggested, that those fans should be allowed to order tickets during the same early bird window as season ticket holders. There would be nothing wrong with that.

The questions are:

a) why hasn't the CSA thought of this before (actually, that's a rhetorical question)

B) how much would you be willing to pay annually to hold such a membership? If we were guaranteed at least 2 senior MNT matches in Canada per year, I would pay up to $20 per year for access to early bird tickets (and maybe they can throw in a scarf or something).

How much are tickets does anybody know?

I think i read $15 for the cheapest, and $100 for the most expensive.

As for the fan club, VPjr's idea of scraf might work, for the first year anyway.

Buy a scarf for $30 and get early bird purchasing for the next year, or three events.

It won't work if all or most games are in TO. The games will need to move around, alot

quote:Originally posted by VPjr

No worries...just let me know if you are able to get the tickets you want once the early window for TFC season ticket holders closes. If not, I'll hold 1 for you

I managed to get a ticket in section 114 so don't worry aboot me

quote:Originally posted by SilverSamurai

Niagara Hammer, you're in 223? Oh man...

Just chant with us! We'll be soo loud!

I'll be singing, off key.

I've been to two TFC games with the boy (7). He loves the chants and stomping.

I am interested in the song we decide to sing.

I'll bring a few copies for my area. As long as it is relatively clean. I can't corrupt the boy, yet.

We sing for the red to play!

quote:Originally posted by Trillium

Cause they clearly choose the wrong...way to do it.

This is a National team game, the tickets must be available to all on a first come first serve basis.

If the CSA has decided to make the national team a feeder to TFC they damn well move the money for the mens national team program to the womens and have TFC season ticket fans carry the cost.

The CSA has a must smarter option to sell tickets and create a National Team Fan Club by selling the tickets on line ... first to holders a National Fan Club membership ( say a $30.00 dollar fee ) the fan club size would be capped at 25,000 members. Thus anyone in Canada could have a chance at ticket purchases based on being a fan club member.

The annual renewal fee would generate $750,000 to be used as seed money to fund MNT games in Canada.

The CSA once again is being dumb and not creating a National Program ..its going to hurt the Natinoal team program very very quickly when people realize ...only TFC season ticket holders get to see live MNT games ever.

Nonsence !! Finally, the CSA does something right in regards to ticket distribution and promotion and predictably the usual criticsm comes out. Many of us had been pushing for this kind of initiative for a long time. And it is to ensure the best possible chance of home side support.

Given the apathy for national team soccer in many parts of the country, a first come first serve approach would mean a stadium full of Mexicans, Hondurans or Tico. Because , unlike canadains, they have true passion for the game and thirst to see their side play.

the CSa did the same thing for the Can-Arg U20 encounter and it worked like a charm . There were Voyageurs from outside TO who showed up for that match and it didn't look like they had any problems getting tickets. There were many Argentinian, but there were many more canadian supporters who were more vocal. Under your idea, it might have been 80% full of argentinians.

quote:Originally posted by MikeF

Shouldn't they release some sort of squad by now?

Euh..no. They should release the roster for the Iceland game first. Lately, with all the problems they're having assembling a squad (injuries and Lars dropping out...) the CSA has released their roster a few days before the game.

Archived