Who will coach the U20s?

The Beaver

I think this gets back to a previous post I made in the "Don't Blame Mitchell" thread about there being essentially three types of coaches, teachers, motivators & strategists. I think we need at the U17 level a "teacher" type coach, and if Hart is good at that sort of thing, in spite of not being able to qualify us at that level yet I think he should stick with the U17's while also being the Senior team assistant. If that's the case I think we should bring somebody new in for the U20 job.

The other question will be who coaches the U23's for Olympic Qualifying? Current U20 assitant coach Nick Dasovic?

From what I gather from parents (who were explayers), coaches and two former players, Hart is very very good with the young players. He takes time with each player explaining roles, technique and the game. He demands they play with patience,possession and always looking to attack (even when they losing). Judging from they gmes I saw, it is true Parents like the fact that he demands discipline at all times on and off the field. Apparently strick when it comes to school work and training. From what people say he does a lot of scouting. Sounds like he should stay with the 17's, keep finding those players. One parent told me her son was away about three times a year. I think CSA need to get these players together more. Three times a year is not enough. I know for a fact Jamaica were together from December through April in camp.

quote:Originally posted by ANC2

From what I gather from parents (who were explayers), coaches and two former players, Hart is very very good with the young players. He takes time with each player explaining roles, technique and the game. He demands they play with patience,possession and always looking to attack (even when they losing). Judging from they gmes I saw, it is true Parents like the fact that he demands discipline at all times on and off the field. Apparently strick when it comes to school work and training. From what people say he does a lot of scouting. Sounds like he should stay with the 17's, keep finding those players.

Thanks for this, that's very interesting to hear, and I think goes along with what I was saying my John Brophy thread.

why not let him coach both U-17 and U-20?

he will have four yr cycle with almost the same players

I like waht I saw from his gold cup team would be interesting to see if the U-20 would adopt the same approach under him which is the future of selling the team in this country.

quote:Originally posted by sj

why not let him coach both U-17 and U-20?

Maybe that's what will happen, I don't recall seeing anything that Hart was no longer the U17 coach.

I do think we are overdue to add some new coaching blood to the ranks though, and we appear short-staffed overall.

Archived