Sportsnet.ca column on Mitchell / Hart

Ben Knight

Yes I guess alot does depend on how they play sunday. But if it's anything like how they played against Chile and Austria, then I think Mitchell is at fault.

Being at home and with 2 years prep with fairly talented group of players (many with lots of experience), going 0-3 is unacceptable. Especially if you consider they way Canada has played, and the tactics Mitchell has employed.

As an aside, I am happy O'conner is unavailable for today's game. His passing out of the Canadian end has been poor. I hope KOA gets a game as he seems to have more skill going forward, and can help support our wide players (Peters, Jackson) better.

Go Canada!

yes Dale proved he is not a great coach, but no one ever accused him of being great.

the fact is that our players are not up to standard. we were all so happy that we had edgar, begovic, peters and johnson, but it turns out even these guys are only just average players in this tournament. the rest do not have what it takes at this level and it is really sad.

however, if dale screws up the MNT's flow in the august/sept games, he should be fired in favour of hart.

The fact of the matter is that Dale Mitchell is the coach of the Men's Team, and this just adds to the soap-opera that has been the hiring process.

My real concern is how the players are feeling about this, seeing Canada's lack of passion, and Dale Mitchell's lack of ability to deal with a team.

Archived