What's the colour of that grass tonight at SL

john tv

the fieldturf at BMO is fine. that is a tired debate. the fieldturf at RSL's home field is horrible. might be good for American football but not for soccer. it looked like they were playing in a parking lot

That pitch was the worst I've seen in the league so far.

Granted it was extremely hot and dry but it seemed very bouncy and there were all sorts of weird spins coming off it.

As well, the players seemed hesitant to slide tackle. Can't remember right now who it was for TFC who got fouled, fell on his face, and came up with a rug burn on his forehead. Poor fellow.

"the fieldturf at BMO is fine. that is a tired debate. the fieldturf at RSL's home field is horrible. might be good for American football but not for soccer. it looked like they were playing in a parking lot"

Fieldturf is a brand of turf. I don't think RSL's stadium had Fieldturf but something more low quality and cheaper.

quote:Originally posted by Macksam

"the fieldturf at BMO is fine. that is a tired debate. the fieldturf at RSL's home field is horrible. might be good for American football but not for soccer. it looked like they were playing in a parking lot"

Fieldturf is a brand of turf. I don't think RSL's stadium had Fieldturf but something more low quality and cheaper.

No, it was definitely Field Turf but it was Type 1 with a football cut meaning shorter blades. Also, it has obviously not been properly maintained. Also, it is worn out!

The FieldTurf web site mentions the stadium on their list of installations.

quote:Originally posted by dbailey62

No, it was definitely Field Turf but it was Type 1 with a football cut meaning shorter blades. Also, it has obviously not been properly maintained. Also, it is worn out!

The FieldTurf web site mentions the stadium on their list of installations.

Well, RSL have plans for a new stadium anyhow so hopefully that'll rectify that problem.

Archived