New Posters

CanadasBest

I'm wondering if we should make a sticky welcoming new people to our forums. I wanted to post this in here as this is the most posted/read forum on the site.

I've seen a lot of new posters in the last little while and IMO we should be welcoming them into the fold as best as possible. Just a thought.

Guest Jeffery S.

I am also very heartened by the number of new posters, great to see, especially with the Gold Cup and now the U-20s. A sticky post linking to the V-about us and to the forum rules would be good. And a very general welcome too.

Must also say that most new posters have been very polite and open, not like when I first started posting, ranting away about everything. Those were the days.

A nice welcome (in english and french) would be brilliant! It would feel much less like you are intruding as a new poster (some of them even apologize as first time posters as if they are entering an exclusive club), and it would hopefully give them the feeling that they would be warmly welcomed. We certainly could use a few more warm bodies and differing points of views.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

Must also say that most new posters have been very polite and open, not like when I first started posting, ranting away about everything. Those were the days.

Those were the days???? When did you stop ranting about everything? Its news to me!;)

Alright, let's give this a try.

So which one of you who came up with the idea or supported it would like to write the first post for the proposed thread? Post it here and we'll go from there.

quote:Originally posted by JarrekThis forum can't write Cyrillic!

I thought we were able to write in Cyrillic if we used the Windows codes for each letter. Time consuming but I remember doing this in the past. Has this changed?

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

I can not complain. For me it´s a lot of fun writing here. I´m positively astonished that there are so many supporters in this forum and that soccer becomes bigger and bigger in Canada.

It´s a pitty for me that I don´t live there, as I would get to know some of you. But I really like to talk to you....

I only need to learn to insert quotes..[8D]

Archived