Canadian Chants

smeghead

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ca-na-da is weak. We're red we're white we're fawkin dynamite is stolen. I've heard some good player chants before but we don't seem to have anything stuck for Canada. Ra-Ra-Radzinski Canada's greatest goal machine to the tune of Rasputin was clever I thought. You Canucks in Canada need to give this some serious consideration. Johntv lead the way!

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Hard to express, but we used this one in Lux and Montreal (comes from PSG and Impact):

Lo, Lo Lo Lo Lo Loooooooo, Allez les Rouges...

The "Massive" would have been perfect if we could have massed our voices!

I still find it odd that the CSA seemed to do their damndest to make sure we couldn't sit together?!? I'm being facetious but they sure didn't do much to facilitate a good strong Canadian voice to support our team.

db

My fave is a standard Winnipeg Fury chant:

" A rope, a tree, hang the referee ..."

Would have been appropriate since the Spanish ref loved to hand out the yellows to our players

but not to the Chilean diving team when he told them to get up.

quote:Originally posted by River City

For some reason I had the tune for Polka Dot Door stuck in my head this weekend and found that CONCA CRAP JACK fits perfectly.

Now that is going back a ways....I think it works well but we have to get some of the young ones on to the tune.

quote:Originally posted by redhat

My fave is a standard Winnipeg Fury chant:

" A rope, a tree, hang the referee ..."

Would have been appropriate since the Spanish ref loved to hand out the yellows to our players

but not to the Chilean diving team when he told them to get up.

Some gasoline

a lighter

set the ref on fire...

:D

Yeah, well, wasn't A LOT positive to make noise about those days was there?

From looking at different sites, easy ones songs are;

GUANTANAMERA - Score in a brothel, you couldn't score in a brothel

BLUE MOON - Twelve men, you've only got twelve men

These ones are more Club specific;

Can't think of anything for these;

ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE -

WINTER WONDERLAND -

AMAZING GRACE -

I LEFT MY HEART IN SAN FRANCISCO -

Possible for Canadian players;

SWEET CAROLINE - Sweet Be-go-vic...PA PA PA

TEQUILA - do do do do do do do do LOMBARDO

7 DWARVES TUNE - Hi Ho, Hi Ho, (winger)'s on the go

Oooh Ahhh Cantona - Oooh Ahhh David Edgar

Anti-Ref;

Who ate all the pies, who ate all the pies? I had one, you had one, the ref had 55!

Good Bye, So Long, Auf Wie Dersen, Good Night - 2 Rs 4 Es 1 F in Referee (posted here a while back)

Pro-Canada;

A simple Allez les Rouges

Carnival de Paris melody - A-llez, A-llez, A-llez, A-llez les Rouges, A-llez, A-llez, A-llez les Rouges

(wait til after the accordion intro)

Brasilian based O-le-le, O-la-la, Austria is ****e, Let's Go Canada

Anti-Austria

All I could think of Monday was stuff related to the Anschluss, Schwarzennegger and the whole Nazi collaboration thing. Wisely, I didn't mention the last one at all. To really get on their nerves we could use stuff the Brits use against the Germans, or just call them Germans.

IN THE NAVY - You're a German

BROWN GIRL IN THE RING - Shizen Auf Zie Ostereich, tra la la la la

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by smeghead

Carnival de Paris melody - A-llez, A-llez, A-llez, A-llez les Rouges, A-llez, A-llez, A-llez les Rouges

(wait til after the accordion intro)

That is just a beauty. The others are all worthy as well.

Those Adidas ad clips were filmed in my neighbourhood, about 200 yards from where I am now sitting.

Many Spanish supporters, like from Cadiz or Depor, do a very funny version of that, especially away supporters when they are losing: «Alcohol, alcohol, alcohol, alcohol, alcohol... Hemos venido a emborracharnos, el partido/resultado nos da igual».

Basically a song about how they are there to get drunk, and they could care less about the game.

This gets sung at any public event that has turned sour, like an outdoor concert that gets rained on. Just change a word and there it is.

Here are Cadiz supporters singing it at the Bernabeu.

Cadiz supporters, who are amazing, with visiting Bilbao supporters. From El Día Después, hosted by Michael Robinson ex-Liverpool, Osasuna. If you are ever in the south of Spain or the Algarve don't miss Cadiz, even if they are in second division.

Found a version of some Dutch guys singing this in Spanish, crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuEKwa1fBko

• 1 month later...

After hanging around a Man Utd fan who appropriated a Liverpool chant, I thought it could be adapted to us like this (alternate suggestions in parentheses - feel free to suggest more):

We hate Señor Archundia,

We hate USA (Jack Warner/Jamaica/Honduras, etc.) too,

We hate Guatamala-a (Landon Donavon/Costa Rica/etc.),

But Canada we love you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygDgCdC5A0o

cant beat this one from river plate. and Canada fits.

chorus:

ca-na-DAAA, CA-na-da

ca-na-DAAA, CA-na-da

ca-na-DAAA, CA-na-da

ca-na-DAAA, CA-na-daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

tune of the verse goes something like this, gotta fit some simple repetitive words in.

da-da-da-DA-Daaaa

da-da-da-DA-DAAAAAAAAAAA X 4

we need to pick at least one song to really really know in time for WCQ. we need to make a choice and make it happen, this is an important thread.

Here Here! I agree, we need to show our team that we are behind one hundred percent. We need to see if we can make a song book of some sort and put it on the website. If we could poll the users to their favourites it would be great. I know the voyageurs usually sit together at football games, but we need to get the songs going. Add some good atmosphere so when we reach 2010 we are ready to show the world who we are.

Cheers!

Archived