Atiba Hutchinson on Sportsworld tonight

striker

Took some notes...

On the Call: a very bad call, everyone knows it, still "peeved" about it

Team Reaction: in general everybody was upset, really hard for team to deal with

CONCACAF Officiating: a lot of bad calls for Canada recently, its been a big factor for us, a problem for us

CMNT Improvement: coaching getting better, coaching understanding the players, players getting used to eachother and developing, gaining confidence and trust in eachother

On Dale: expects attacking formation from Dale, will key on tactics

On WCQ: program going in right direction, it looks good for us, team really believes they can make it this time around

Scandinavia Level/Style: its direct, denmark is a bit more technical, it’s a good league, good place to start, its been good for him

Future: goal is the premiership

Transfer Rumours: don’t focus on them too much, focus on own game, when time is right he will move

TFC: from moment he heard of TFC, he's wanted to come back at some point in his career

quote:Originally posted by BrennanFan

CMNT Improvement: coaching getting better, coaching understanding the players, players getting used to eachother and developing, gaining confidence and trust in eachother

Didn't see the interview but is he referring to Hart improving his coaching skills or to Hart being an improvement over Yallop (who was the coach for most of Hutchinson's national team career). Hart started out very poorly with the national team and we looked extremely disorganized in our first games under him but he certainly has undergone a vast, rapid improvement. I think it is not a coincidence that our top players did not play at the same level under Yallop as they were playing at their clubs and that under Hart they have now started to produce their club form. Even DeRosario's form under Hart has massively improved over his play for his former club coach Yallop. I think one important thing is Hart has devised a system that works for the players he has and plays to their strengths as opposed to trying to fit the players into a system that he favours that may not be suitable for those players. This approach helped him overcome some of the weak spots in our lineup at the Gold Cup and still get good results.

quote:Originally posted by Juby

It may be late and I may be drunk but this seems like absolute truth to me, hutch has captain written all over him.

It's early, and I'm stone cold sober, but I agree with you.

Archived