Who's going to Iceland?

Saviola7

I bought my ticket today :).

I initially balked at the 380 euro price tag, but then I looked at how much it would cost to get there from Canada and concluded that this may be the only time that I have an excuse to go there.

Anyone else thought about it?

This has to be the best, "Who's going to..." post ever. Did anyone else even contemplate this. I'd love to go but it seems as likely as me going to a game on the North Pole. That said, I have been to Greenland twice, but that was in the days when you had to stop for fuel on the way to England.

Make sure to take a lot of pictures - who knows, if I find a (very) cheap ticket from Canada I may go.

quote:Originally posted by Paddy

This has to be the best, "Who's going to..." post ever. Did anyone else even contemplate this. I'd love to go but it seems as likely as me going to a game on the North Pole. That said, I have been to Greenland twice, but that was in the days when you had to stop for fuel on the way to England.

Well, flying to Iceland is about 3 times cheaper than flying to Greenland.

Also Icelandair has very good prices to continental Europe via Reykjavik, so people who are planning a European vacation in August might wanna look into that. If the timing is right, it essentially wouldn't cost you anything to stop-over in Iceland and watch Canada play (apart from 1-night hotel in Reykjavik).

Archived