TSN Honours the US National Team

Gian-Luca

quote:Originally posted by meteor

it might be funny if it weren't so pathetic. nothing that goes on in this country ever ceases to amaze me.

Just wait till we start handing over all our water and oil...oh wait.

can you imagine the reaction of the Canadian players to this garbage? how unbelievably and colossally stupid do you have to be given everything that has happened to name the USA team of the week? obviously TSN didn't screen for mental retardedness when they were hiring for the soccer department. absolutely unreal.

Guest speedmonk42

I don't get it.

They won the gold cup.

Why not?

I'll take any coverage of the game I can get. What % of their content is American anyway?

The Canadian men's volleyball team played Brasil this week. They did wonderfully well against the long-reigning champs of virtually every competition.

Our men's volleyball team was the Canadian team of the week.

Heh. If you think it is hard being a fan of the national soccer team, imagine the neglect suffered by the fan our national volleyball team. The game against Brasil was aired at 1 am in the mrning with little if any coverage in the sportsmedia. It was the world level competition and it was held in Canada, too. Did you know that?

The moral of the story is that there is always somebody, somewhere, worse off. Or, in this case, more neglected.

[yes, kidding around]

quote:Originally posted by JPB

The Canadian men's volleyball team played Brasil this week. They did wonderfully well against the long-reigning champs of virtually every competition.

Our men's volleyball team was the Canadian team of the week.

Heh. If you think it is hard being a fan of the national soccer team, imagine the neglect suffered by the fan our national volleyball team. The game against Brasil was aired at 1 am in the mrning with little if any coverage in the sportsmedia. It was the world level competition and it was held in Canada, too. Did you know that?

The moral of the story is that there is always somebody, somewhere, worse off. Or, in this case, more neglected.

[yes, kidding around]

I could of sworn CBC was showing the volleyball game live in the afternoon. They even got pretty good ratings according to the Globe and Mail, 99,000 viewers.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20070626.TRUTH26/TPStory/TPSports/?query=

I'm not sure this is the TSN team of the week. It has an Associated Press byline. It would make more sense if it was AP's team of the week (though still a lousy choice), and TSN just put it up without realizing it looks like their own choice. Actually, the article doesn't actually say who named the US team of the week. Maybe it was CONCACAF, and someone accidentally edited that part of the article out before posting it?

Archived