Did Linford do enough?

puskas

quote:Originally posted by fan

Look at the actual facts. Colin did not defend us. Pellerud, Kerfoot and the CSA all participated in an extremely poor action. They all manipulated and ruined an excellent scenario with the women's team. Regardless if you think Hooper was at fault this should of been handled a millions times better than that.

Not to get too far offtopic, but to drag Kerfoot's name into this is really stretching things. After all, all the guy did was:

A.) Provide $1 million in funding for a WNT residency program the CSA designed and wanted.

B.) Not only saved the Whitecaps, but gave them the resources to build the first pro development pyramid system in North America.

C.) Gave more support to the Whitecaps W-League team than any other club in the league.

D.) At great personal expense, unilaterally released all of his National Team players for the ENTIRE SEASON to prepare for the World Cup, and convinced other Canadian W-League teams to do the same.

E.) Has offered to build a tremendous soccer stadium in downtown Vancouver that will be one of the best in North America when we get it done.

F.) Actually build bridges between the pro clubs in Canada and the CSA.

G.) Never stepped forward to accept so much as a simple "thank you" for it all.

Say what you want about Linford, Pellerud, the CSA and the Hooper affair. But don't EVER slag Kerfoot's name around here! With no selfish motive, this man has done more to advance the game in Canada in the last few years than anyone in organized soccer in the last 20 years. He deserves a lot more respect than your insults and sleazy, anonymous innuendo.

Bill Currie

P.S. Move this post for being offtopic if you must, but I could NOT let this stand.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by fan

My statement from the women's forum edited applies to this as well.

The word "conspiracy" only demonstrates that the people who use it generally are naive, weak people who cant handle the truth and wouldn't defend themselves or anyone else. Quite similar to what we get from Colin and the CSA now. Look face the facts there has been corruption in every level of all sports high and low worldwide. Referees,directors and owners become greedy or corrupt. And unfortunately you get some that are just plain not able or incompetent to do their job.

Yes, on the other hand their are nut jobs and people claiming conspiracies to a ridiculous point. You have to be able to decipher. Anyone with any common sense will defend themselves and ensure that they have been treated fairly. Anyone who will not and cries "conspiracy" to hide their fear is not someone I want walking beside me anywhere.

Look at the actual facts. Colin did not defend us. Pellerud, Kerfoot and the CSA all participated in an extremely poor action. They all manipulated and ruined an excellent scenario with the women's team. Regardless if you think Hooper was at fault this should of been handled a millions times better than that.

Pipe was a disaster a lot of you defended him and called people who pointed out that he was incompetent "crazy" or contributing to a "conspiracy" theory. The fact is, you did not bring it up, you did not defend yourself or your team or our sport.The CSA has not presented a budget for years and you did not bring it up, you did not question it.

The fact is the CSA has not presented a budget, this is unacceptable and a actual fact of incompetence. As you can clearly see how can you continue to discuss and interact with an organization that does not present a budget.

One idea of whatever is plausible or feasible in this vein is, for all soccer organizations in Canada withhold all of their fees in an escrow account until the budget is accounted for and the people responsible are removed for not presenting one.

This is not a time to splinter and debate over these smaller petty issues but to unite and defend our sport in the serious issues that exist.

Now Colin is continuing in the same pattern and you need to see this as a time to change and defend our sport.

[/quote

Why???.....

"Say what you want about Linford, Pellerud, the CSA and the Hooper affair. But don't EVER slag Kerfoot's name around here! With no selfish motive, this man has done more to advance the game in Canada in the last few years than anyone in organized soccer in the last 20 years. He deserves a lot more respect than your insults and sleazy, anonymous innuendo."

Kerfoot was involved in it and his name is included like it or not. It is not "insults and sleazy" it is fact. He made a poor decision to involve himself in the manner that he did. I don't like what he did or how he did it and I don't like the CSA letting someone contribute any amount of money in that way. Listing what he has done is meaningless. I will certainly criticize him any time or anyone else I choose.

"anonymous innuendo."

If it is a rule on this board to reveal who you are then state it and have absolutely everyone do it. If it is a rule in here not to use innuendo then make it one, otherwise don't EVER mention it again, as it stands now it is like the rest of your post it is irrelevant and asinine.

Don't be so infantile, if you don't like what I say debate it, don't ask for removal like a spoiled two year old.

Instead of defending millionaires with all your heart and soul lets defend our sport with the passion it deserves and the important issue here as I stated.

"The fact is the CSA has not presented a budget, this is unacceptable and a actual fact of incompetence. As you can clearly see how can you continue to discuss and interact with an organization that does not present a budget."

"Say what you want about Linford, Pellerud, the CSA and the Hooper affair. But don't EVER slag Kerfoot's name around here! With no selfish motive, this man has done more to advance the game in Canada in the last few years than anyone in organized soccer in the last 20 years. He deserves a lot more respect than your insults and sleazy, anonymous innuendo."

Kerfoot was involved in it and his name is included like it or not. It is not "insults and sleazy" it is fact. He made a poor decision to involve himself in the manner that he did. I don't like what he did or how he did it and I don't like the CSA letting someone contribute any amount of money in that way. Listing what he has done is meaningless. I will certainly criticize him any time or anyone else I choose.

"anonymous innuendo."

If it is a rule on this board to reveal who you are then state it and have absolutely everyone do it. If it is a rule in here not to use innuendo then make it one, otherwise don't EVER mention it again, as it stands now it is like the rest of your post it is irrelevant and asinine.

Don't be so infantile, if you don't like what I say debate it, don't ask for removal like a spoiled two year old.

Instead of defending millionaires with all your heart and soul lets defend our sport with the passion it deserves and the important issue here as I stated.

"The fact is the CSA has not presented a budget, this is unacceptable and a actual fact of incompetence. As you can clearly see how can you continue to discuss and interact with an organization that does not present a budget."

If you want to here the interview of the CSA vice president go to the CKNW98 webiste and go to thier audio vault for June 24 9pm and go to about 17:36 mark. A good candid interview ....

You will need to sign up for access to the aduio vault but worth it.

Thanks for the info.

Good postive interview about GC & MNT future.

Nice to hear Victor said they are going to look into the Officials. Specifically the AR. No official protest.

Victor was right behind the AR who made the call. Horrendous call he stated.

Radio crew slammed the Vancouver U20 committee on no marketing when they compared it to the Memorial Cup. Sort of said soccer's a niche market.

IMO marketing in Vancouver is not good BUT the big issue is Vancouver doesn't have a BIG stadium for the soccer community to fill. Vancouver has enough problems w/ youth soccer events but that's another story & hat for me.

I agree Rich the interview is one of the best interviews from a CSA rep. candid and no punches ... surprised you are the only other person here to comment on it. I think it shows that there is someone on CSA that has balls to speak his mind and fight for the team.

The Vancouver marketing has been absolutely non existent. A crappy advert in the local paper, a few bylines and articles in the province newspaper..and thats basically it!!!!

Where is the cultural side of the event? Where is the push for a soccer theme in the city????? Where is the rally at the Art Gallery for Team Canada? This province is vapid when it comes to team sports.

Archived