Letter of Support to our Players

The Beaver

What of the sad things about what happened last night is that our players feel that a real chance to put our team in the minds of a broader base of soccer fans in Canada has been lost. Making the final, clearly, would have done much to capture the imagination and hope of more fans. It seems a crime that our boys will head home thinking they've not achieved much in this regard, and I wonder if we could ask Morgan Quarry at the CSA to forward a letter of support and thanks to each of the players on this squad? It would be nice to send a personalized letter to each player, but considering the fact we all have "other", busy lives, maybe it would be best to send one letter for all.

Thoughts? Is there a better way of getting a message of support to our guys? Anybody want to take a stab at drafting something? I'm willing to edit the letter (I work in publishing, am a writer and editor). We'd send it to Morgan on behalf of all the Voyageurs and Canadian fans new and old. Could somebody design some Voyageur letterhead really quickly?

Yes, I think it is good, too. [i think it would be a good idea to alter it a little bit just in case some of the players have already seen it posted here. Nice to send a fresh letter.]. Any chance that Morgan Quarry would send a hardcopy, formatted with Voyageur letterhead, to each of the players on the squad? Anybody have Morgan's email address?

Jamit, do you think you could bang together letterhead? Or, could somebody send me something I could paste into a Word document?

Archived