Henry to Barca......

gwsmith63

quote:Originally posted by gwsmith63

Seems to be a done deal according to the Spanish media.

16 million pounds.

FYP. I don't see any UK source confirming the deal. Until I do, I consider Henry as an Arsenal player.

Odds are he'll go to Barca, but its not a done deal yet.

Guest Jeffery S.

So now what do we do? With Ronnie, Eto'o and Messi, where do we play Henry? Who do we sit? Do we have enough egos in the dressing room now?

I am thinking this is our way to sell, and if that is the plan we are going to lose an even better striker with more years left in him, Samuel Eto'o.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

So now what do we do? With Ronnie, Eto'o and Messi, where do we play Henry? Who do we sit? Do we have enough egos in the dressing room now?

I am thinking this is our way to sell, and if that is the plan we are going to lose an even better striker with more years left in him, Samuel Eto'o.

With the relationship between Henry and Eto'o, I don't think it will be him leaving. Don't think any of these will to be honest.

Henry and Eto'o as the two main strikers.

Messi and Ronnie as attacking wide men with two holding midfielders.

Should do the trick........[^]

quote:Originally posted by gwsmith63

With the relationship between Henry and Eto'o, I don't think it will be him leaving. Don't think any of these will to be honest.

Henry and Eto'o as the two main strikers.

Messi and Ronnie as attacking wide men with two holding midfielders.

Should do the trick........[^]

Yeah, i agree. I don't think its a problem on paper. Barca will just play a 4-4-2 instead of 4-5-1. With Deco on his way out, it makes all the more sense. The big questiomark is Henry's ego and will he be able to cope with not being the #1 star on the club(?)

Anyway, Madrid seems to be contering Barca's Henry signing. Looks like they're finally gonna get a decent manager this week - Ronald Koeman or Micheal Laudrup.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by amacpher

Yeah, i agree. I don't think its a problem on paper. Barca will just play a 4-4-2 instead of 4-5-1. With Deco on his way out, it makes all the more sense. The big questiomark is Henry's ego and will he be able to cope with not being the #1 star on the club(?)

Anyway, Madrid seems to be contering Barca's Henry signing. Looks like they're finally gonna get a decent manager this week - Ronald Koeman or Micheal Laudrup.

I think the right solution is to let the coach decide, and who gives a shi-t if someone has to sit on the bench. I am constantly bewildered by the big ado made when someone sits for a game, especially at a big club in three competitions at least, and usually until late in the season. I am totally against the hierarchies, and players have to serve the coach, even big ones.

So their big egos come along and tell them, I want out unless I always play. So let them out, not a big deal. If we get results sitting one of the FAB Four, fine by me.

PS. Deco is not moving out, we are only going to dump the working class players (Motta, Sylvinho, Belletti, Ezquerro, maybe Giuly, Edmilson was set to go but was just reinjured so there goes the sale).

PSS. All big clubs spend big on media signings after screwing up a season, and do so as fast as possible to distract the fans. This is what we have done here with Henry (we have also signed Yaya Touré from Monaco, good one, and are going for Chivu this week).

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

I guess Saviola is leaving but what about Gudjohnsen?

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Bertuzzi44

I guess Saviola is leaving but what about Gudjohnsen?

Guddy says he wants to stay, will fight it out for a spot. That after a year in Spain he has adjusted and needs this year to confirm he can do it. Does not want to return to EPL.

With Saviola gone and with Eto'o out for the Africa's Cup in January-February, there is a place for another striker, especially one mobile like Gudjohnson. He will have less chances this season though.

Archived