What the hel* was Kevin Pipe doing ?

quote:Originally posted by redhat

I was watching the match in a pub with about 25 people, when all

in the midst of controversy, there emerged Kevin Pipe in the

big screen?

What was he doing there? Is he the new bodyguard for Archundia?;)

Who knows what Mr. Pipe is doing. Maybe he is just one of the magical figures that appears out of nowhere.

We should write a very serious, impassioned letter to Zelig (aka Kevan Pipe), telling him that FIFA must work harder to improve the quality of officiating in CONCACAF. If it does not, then CONCACAF will remain the banana republic of FIFA, a bloody joke and a detriment to the development of quality teams in the zone ie. Canada. Kevan SHOULD still give something of a damn about Canada, should he not?

quote:Originally posted by The Beaver

We should write a very serious, impassioned letter to Zelig (aka Kevan Pipe), telling him that FIFA must work harder to improve the quality of officiating in CONCACAF. If it does not, then CONCACAF will remain the banana republic of FIFA, a bloody joke and a detriment to the development of quality teams in the zone ie. Canada. Kevan SHOULD still give something of a damn about Canada, should he not?

yes he should.

quote:Originally posted by mrpopulistfutebol

yes he should.

.... and I'm sure he does! To be fair to Kevan, by moving in the way he did, he may have saved some of the Canadian staff from punishment by Concacaf or FIFA. Ya, we can say what the heck does it matter, we're out but it could matter to a Stephen Hart down the road, or some of our players. We don't need any of our guys being suspended from international play in the future. It could have happened and perhaps still will.

It may be unpopular to defend Kevan here but he was doing his job.

db

Hey, if you're Stephen Hart, you're about to be replaced by Dale Mitchell anyway, a suspension of you really wouldn't matter much, and you have a chance to become an absolute immortal in this country by knocking the Mexican Bandit right on his rear, why wouldn't you take it up? I'm sure all that dirty cash stuffed in his pockets would break his fall anyway.

As cards carry over I was very happy to see Hart come in and pull Stalteri away. We need him. But is it wrong to have wished that Adam Braz had kicked his ass even if it meant a life time ban.

And if you watch the Score their highlight package has someone on the CSA brass (and it might be Morgan, I'm not sure) mouthing: "That's the second time you've ****ed us."

cheers,

matthew

<<What the hel* was Kevin Pipe doing ?>>

Yep. When you watch Canada play this Gold Cup compared to matches during the Pipe era you must wonder what Kevan and the CSA were doing over that time. How were the top Central American and Carribean sides allowed to catch and surpass us? Why is Canada only now catching up in terms of keeping our share of the ball? Who was overseeing the development programs during that time? The USA got it right in the 80s and have never looked back. Meanwhile the CSA under KP was asleep at the switch. What a waste!