Canada vs. US 2007 Gold Cup Semi-Final (R) in game

Gian-Luca

Yeah, I gotta dmit that Beasley was fouled. He was already taking flight as Onstad caught him, but Onstad definitely caught him.

That last five minutes was awful. We were starting to look very composed, and I think the Americans would have started to panic. They were already fouling and flopping around, but they're not under pressure anymore. Let's put on some pressure in the second half and hope they get stupid again.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Johnnie Monster

Should point out that I keep saying this video feed is Chinese... truth be told, it could be Korean or Japanese for all I know. Anyone here know for sure?

It is Chinese (or Taiwanese), a co-worker of mine recognized one of the announcers as speaking Mandarin.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

We need a bit more movement from the midfield, and to make those clear passes when we have them, we are running with it a bit too much. And perhaps it is not wise to have Bernier as right wing, not the best person for that role. Especially with Bornstein sporting a yellow, someone faster should be running at him, even DERO would be good.

Fortunately we are going to get to see another striker on 2nd half, hopefully early too, and we will definitely push them.

Agreed...more a direct presence on the flank (Hume as a winger?)

Guest Jeffery S.

Hart, like Yallop before, useless with the subs, always too late, insistently too late. And no alteration of the tactics, they just sit there brain dead these guys.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

Hart, like Yallop before, useless with the subs, always too late, insistently too late. And no alteration of the tactics, they just sit there brain dead these guys.

Totally agree... Bernier should have moved to Nash's position, and Hume should have come on in the right hand side already.

The US has really put the pressure on our midfield since the opening kickoff. We've been out-coached...

Guest Jeffery S.

We are actually worse this half, as Hart has not responded, and the team is kinda broken, not really on, getting countered, losing the ball easily. We definitely need a change. But we won't get it, I don't think Hart has it to make an intelligent change. Cause we need one m. 55 maximum and we are past that.

Archived