Canada vs. US 2007 Gold Cup Semi-Final (R) in game

Gian-Luca

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Jeffery S.

****, unlucky on that. And a bad time too, just before the break. I am wondering if you guys are on a delay, Chinese tv just got it.

Well if we come back to win this, there will be no more poetic justice. The US should be down to ten men & should have had two pk's called against them before either of their goals, and they are diving all over the field. Although I do think their PK call legit, unfortunately.

It makes you sick though.

Guest Can. in UK
quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

Well if we come back to win this, there will be no more poetic justice. The US should be down to ten men & should have had two pk's called against them before either of their goals, and they are diving all over the field. Although I do think their PK call legit, unfortunately.

It makes you sick though.

I agree they should be down to 10 - not so sure about the 2 PKs. They would have been pretty soft penalties.

Donovan is a very good player - I don't understand the need for dramatics.

Beasley was caught by Onstad. Pretty dramatic spill, though.

Interesting to see Hejduk stickin' it to the Canadian bench.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by striker

i dont think beasley dove. onstad clealy made contact with his feet

Onstad pulled his hands back, against his chest, and Beasley threw out his leg against him. As it is the ref's weak side, with no linesman over there, he can't see it of course. And it looks like a penalty as Pat got there late.

I am a bit pissed off as having weathered the early storm and got more possession, some chances, we let them in in the last critical minutes of the half.

We need a bit more movement from the midfield, and to make those clear passes when we have them, we are running with it a bit too much. And perhaps it is not wise to have Bernier as right wing, not the best person for that role. Especially with Bornstein sporting a yellow, someone faster should be running at him, even DERO would be good.

Fortunately we are going to get to see another striker on 2nd half, hopefully early too, and we will definitely push them.

quote:Originally posted by Sigma

Perhaps, but Onstad gave him the opportunity as he left his hands/arms out. That type of penalty is going to be called the majority of the time.

QFT, refs are going to give that all day really not a bad call in my opinion, if Onstad pulls back his arms I think Beasley dives and takes a card.

quote:Should point out that I keep saying this video feed is Chinese... truth be told, it could be Korean or Japanese for all I know. Anyone here know for sure?

I think it is fair to assume it isn't Japanese, as there is little - and I mean little - interest in this tournament.

Guest Jeffery S.

Costa Rica commentator says that there was a clear penalty on Hainault, shortly after the post on the free kick. He was held and went down in the box, but the US broadcast does not even repeat it.

Noone can take anything away from the first goal, impossible for Pat and a bit lucky.

Archived