CANADA VS USA BROADCASTING

btash

Hey guys, I don't know if this has been mentioned because I haven't read through all the threads regarding this topic. However if you have FSC FOX SOCCER CHANNEL they will be showing the match LIVE I read that the games is at 6pm but they advertised 7pm So I am guess 7pm is the actual kick-off. Just to mention they said the match will be on FSC for USA viewers only but I have one of those Sats. where you pay once and you get all the American channels free so I'm guessing I'm watching FSC USA. Any how I checked the GolTV link and they didn't put anything on about Semi Final coverage. So just thought I would mention that if you can get a hold of FSC then no need to worry.

B

Well good commentators are always good to have but it doesn't bug me to much. I don't like listening to Gerry Dobson because he makes Canada sound to goodie2shoes.

Now the Sat. is illigal in the sence that you are taking a signal from someone who is paying to view the channels you are going to get. However there are no laws in Canada preventing it, there are a lot of companies offering this type of Sat. service. Depending on the company it only cost a one time payment of between $200-$400. Hey it's well worth it, why pay $100 a month for Bell express view so you could what HBO, PPV etc. when you pay once and watch it as much as you like. It's well worth it. :D

The game is also live on Sportsnet digital at 19:00 thursday. This e-mail from Jenniffer Martin confirms it:

"Same situation as the other games. For viewers who have all four Sportsnet channels, that match WILL be on LIVE on two of them starting at 7 pm (ET)/4 pm (PT). Unfortunately, if you only have one of our channels, it will be on tape delay on Sportsnet East, Ontario and West starting at 11 pm (ET) and on Sportsnet Pacific at 11 pm (PT)."

quote:Originally posted by mrpopulistfutebol

Umm.... what about those generic Gold Cup host broascasters.

Wish they had Nigel Reed or Derek Rae.

I have been watching with the "generic" broadcasters on Gol TV and they're not bad, plus they really know their soccer. I don't know who did Canada v. CRica, but its mostly been a broadcast team I have heard before on Gol TV, with Phil Schoen doing PBP and another guy doing color (I think his name is Keyvan something). Schoen is his usual professional call, they sound pretty good, but not over the top, and the color guy makes sharp analysis. The other day, he was talking about what subs Panama would make, and lo-and-behold, the guy he was talking about comes in. I don't know if he's doing it on tape delay and maybe had some inside info, but they're very informative although sometimes they get on some story about how topics such as Thierry Henry and how Guadeloupe was discovered by Columbus and colonized by France.

i look forward to seeing the next game and it's a nice change of pace from Dobson and Forrest.

Archived