CONCACAF wants Mexico and the USA in the final [R]

jagum

According to Medford ( Costa Rica) and Guimaraes (Panama) the Gold Cup organizers have designed this Cup in order to reach the USA and Mexico to the final.

the bad referees like Vaughn (USA) in the match MEX-CR and Batres (Guatemala) in the match MEX-PAN are good examples of this situation . So Canada be careful ! http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/news/story?id=569705&s=gen&type=column

quote:Originally posted by jagum

According to Medford ( Costa Rica) and Guimaraes (Panama) the Gold Cup organizers have designed this Cup in order to reach the USA and Mexico to the final.

Shocked.jpg

Is this a secret to anyone? They're clearly the two best teams in the region and the gate would be great.

As much as I agree that CONCACAF wants a USA-MEX final, I would suggest

that Guimares and Medford should have addressed their team's aggressive

behaviour and simulation tactics in their quarterfinal matches.

From what I've seen, players from Panama and Costa Rica were bullying the

ref when a call doesn't go their way, which eventually led to a red card.

When 3 players have been sent off, Costa Rica obviously displayed a lack

of discipline to the extreme. Refs have not been afraid to give a red card

to Mexico's C. Blanco, so I'm not sure of the favouritism stuff.

Do we know who the refs are going to be for the semi's and final?

Im still dumb founded that we have actually gotten decent refereeing for this tournament. I just hope it doesnt go out the window now.

Im still bitter at that Bogus penalty the "ref" awarded against the Women in the Final of their GC against the USA.... [xx(]

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by CanadianSoccerFan

Well for what it's worth, the last card against the Ticos was a disgrace. The mexican pulled a rivaldo and just dropped to the ground clutching his face for no apparent reason at all.

In the US-Panama there were a few first half scuffles featuring an American going down, for nothing. Trying to draw cards against their opponents to take them down to 10 men. Then there is that clearly dangerous challenge from a Panama player, foot high, when Hejduk is heading the ball: Frankie had already turned his entire body, the foot hits him on the number, and he rolls on the ground clutching his face. Drew a yellow for that. So watch out for the US as if they get frustrated they cheat, pure and simple.

Fortunately both Frankie and Gooch (what a stupid nickname) have cards, not sure but any other yellow would mean no final for them if they go through. So we should run at them, both are very iffy defending at times. Sure, Stalteri also has a card and I am not sure if another would mean him not making the final if we go through.

But must be said that if we run at their back line it will crack, and they will have to take card. We have to be smart though, all around, as we will get no helf from the refs, and especially as the game wears on and the result does not favour the US.

Either one of two things: Hernan Menford is one big crybaby (maybe, not sure) or he has got something on one of the biggest conspiracies in soccer on this side of the Hemisphere in a while. When you sit down to think about this, Memford is right probably. Consider:

-Mexico and the USA has not played against each other in a Gold Cup final since 1998

- The 2000 CONCACAF Gold Cup final between Canada and Columbia was a gate disaster for CONCACAF

- Mexico easily draws almost 70,000 fans in Houston at Reliant stadium for the QF's

- Mexico and the USA have the top professional soccer leagues in the North, Central America and the Caribbean

- Mexico and the United States have major television networks with Televisa, TV Azteca, Fox Soccer Channel, Univision, Galavision ETC

- The fact is in the United States, the top 3 games of the Gold Cup Outdrew the Staley Cup finals in terms of television audience.

Just some things to chew on.

doesn't the national spelling bee out draw the stanley cup finals on a regular basis? I hope Canadians are not getting excuses ready like this? All we have to do is go out and play like

we did against Costa Rica and Guatemala and we could advance, play like we did against Guadeloupe

and will get hammered. simple as that.

I warned you....!!!! The Mex ref put The USA in the Final. Now Canada is Out like Panama and Costa Rica...

I am really angry. Why this GoldCup is always organized in The USA , and sometimes in Mexico? there are 40 CONCACAF members my good!

Canadian you are welcome to participate for the next world cup preliminaries here in CONMEBOL, at least the refs here are more professional...

Archived