Honduras - Guadeloupe [R]

Alex

I was thinking that we'd see at least one upset today, and considering that of the two games this would be the clearest upset, I am both pleasantly surprised and not so surprised. Guadoloupe is well organized, physical, and have some real talent. You cannot take them lightly. And, if they get through, they will have enough days to rest and recharge and prove difficult for whomever they meet in the semis.

Allez Guadaloupe. I'd love a chance to play them again, this time in the finals.

Guest Jeffery S.

Saw the first goal, then the damn stream cut out from Shanghai. Those Chinese have such a weak committment to Caribbean development.

Can I say who the winner will face?

quote:Originally posted by Sigma

Honduras scores in the 71st minute...

Guadeloupe 2 Honduras 1

I didn't see our Guadeloupe match but I know everybody was complaining about their antics. Well today it's Honduras turn. I just sas an incredibly laughable appeal for a penalty. The diver was yellow carded.

db

quote:Originally posted by Jamit

That is great to hear. It should happen more.

Go Guadeloupe any chance they can do it to Mexico?

That would be interesting.

BTW, they are getting worse and this ref is buying it. The yellow was too obvious to ignore I guess but wow this is brutal.

db

Guest Jeffery S.

Guadeloupe plays Mexico, who could only take out CR 1-0, that was in extra time I think.

Mexico has to be the favourite although they have been fragile, but their curve must be going up.

The US is favoured over us.

The organizers want that match up and let's hope the refs are not working for them. Understandable, in any case, since there were 70,000 plus at Reliant today, that is a big draw and Mexico is mostly the reason as we know.

Beat US and Mexico to win would put us in the FIFA top 20 I would think, now that would be fun.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

Guadeloupe plays Mexico, who could only take out CR 1-0, that was in extra time I think.

Mexico has to be the favourite although they have been fragile, but their curve must be going up.

The US is favoured over us.

The organizers want that match up and let's hope the refs are not working for them. Understandable, in any case, since there were 70,000 plus at Reliant today, that is a big draw and Mexico is mostly the reason as we know.

Beat US and Mexico to win would put us in the FIFA top 20 I would think, now that would be fun.

Here is hoping we beat the USA.

I think Guadeloupe will get the stuffing kicked out of them by Mexico. Go Mexico and Canada. Let's bring the Gold Cup home north of the 49th.

quote:Originally posted by Paddy

If it ends up as a Canada v Guad final they'll probably have to bus fans in. It could possibly even have worse attendance than the Canada v Columbia final.

Do you guys remember when we knocked out Mexico in the 2000 CONCACAF Gold Cup and the United States was knocked out to of the QF round by Colombia. Remember we played Colombia in the fianl? Do you remember the empty LA Colsieum for the fianl??

Can you imagine if it is a Canada Guad. Final. Empty Solider field. I dont think CONCACAF would really care, just as long as either Mexico or the USA is in it. Lets go Canada.

Guest speedmonk42
quote:Originally posted by JPB

Guadeloupe has fluked its way through. Mexico has limped its way. The USA has stumbled over its own weight and pushed through.

Canada has played through.

Well said.

Archived