Vote for DeGuzman

Marco07

quote:Originally posted by Marco07

He is currently leading the FIFA.com rankings as the best player so far for the 2007 Concacaf Gold Cup.

De Guzman (CANADA) 25.10%

Donavan (USA) 24.08%

Let's help get him the lead. :D

Where do we vote? Post the link and I'm sure guys will vote for DeGuzman. Mind you, at this point I'd say DeRosario has been our best, with Hutch and DeGuzman not far behind.

quote:Originally posted by The Beaver

Mind you, at this point I'd say DeRosario has been our best, with Hutch and DeGuzman not far behind.

After the Costa Rica game you wrote this about DeRosario:

quote:If I was Hart, I'd sit DeRo and put in Hume instead. DeRo needs to learn to lay off that ball more often, more quickly, and more accurately. I love his creativity, but his team game has to improve several notches. We've got some good young players coming up who might steal his position if he doesn't take it up a notch.

Am I to conclude in your view that he has moved up several notches?

I personally think Hume has the heart of a lion, and probably needs minutes to settle in, but overall he is a bit overanxious...several bad headers..bad footing...i am really liking nakajima-farran!!! that kid has amazing feet...is smooth..seems two footed..and can run at players...nothing against hume but i find him a bit too direct in his style. its more old school canada then new school.

I just voted for him. He is now at 33% with Landon Donovan second at 21%. He has been very impressive. Not only his 2 goals, but several assists as well as just seeming to be involved in many key plays. He has been unlucky not to add to his tally on some great long range strikes. He is driven, passionate and seems to be enjoying himself. Some of that Liga experience is on display. Next lets deal with the US. It should be a firm test with the US in their own backyard, but with Canada's new found possesion play, am feeling good about the prospects. Go Julian and Go Canada!!!!

Just found a site where Depor players were given ratings for their performance this season. Jules was rated as solid, which is great as the only higher rating was excellent and only four players(three defenders and a goalkeeper) were rated as excellent. Here is the clip. The number in brackets shows the minutes he played.

De Guzmán (1,445): Solid. The Canadian international is without doubt the most willing player in the team. He ran and fought for every ball in midfield. The main question is why Caparrós awaited until matchday 15 (Vs. Athletic Bilbao) in order to use this short but powerful player. After the match against the Basques, De Guzmán only missed two liga games due to an injury, one for suspension, and two more due to his participation in the Gold Cup. Another reason why Deportivo raised its performance during the second part of the season

For the whole article check the following link

http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/news.php

Archived