New Member...thoughts and 1 question

meteor

hello everyone..i was at the sportsbar today watching the game and one of the guys there told me about this site. i'm happy to have found it. 2nd goal today was one of the nicest goals we've ever scored, and outside of the Guadeloupe fiasco, i don't know the last team i've seen Canada play this well. we look like quality out there. one thing i've noticed is i've never seen this much speed and natural talent with a Canadian team...it's very exciting to watch! As far as I'm concerned it's mission accomplished already, although of course beating the US would be unreal. i just wanna see Canada put in a solid performance and see where things are at the end of the game.

The question is does anyone know what David Edgar's status is? obviously he isn't there and i've heard no mention of him. i think we could really use him back on defence and hope at some point he'll be part of the team, hopefully by the time qualifying starts.[8D]

quote:Originally posted by Vancouver Fan

Oh no,no,no,no.Far from it.

No kidding, eh?

"Virgin Air 189 Departing Heathrow for Toronto. Last call for Virgin Air 189, Heathrow to Toronto Gate 16."

"Ooop. That's us. Drink up."

"Say, aren't you David Edgar? Newcastle United's David Edgar?"

"Um. Yea. Yeah, that's me."

"Hey! This is great. Well done on you. Just waiting on my connection to Manchester and was sitting over there thinking you must be David Edgar and well, here it is you. Great job this past year, man. Best of luck in the up-coming season. No offense but I don't think you'll be pulling off any heroics against Manchester this year. Not if I have my way."

Edgar;

"Thanks. I guess. Um. Don't I know you?"

"No but you maybe recognize me. I'm one of your countrymen, Owen Hargreaves."

*punt*

OH;

Groooooannnnn....

Edgar;

"SOD YOU, JACK!"

"GEEEZUS! Ere, mister? You all right?"

OH;

"HE KICKED ME IN THE NUTS!"

"Seen that! What the Hell did yee say to 'im?"

OH;

"Nuthin'. GAWD!! Just asked if he was David Edgar, ahhh GAWWWWD. Said he was, wished him luck and told him I was Owen Hargreaves. Geee-zuuuus...and.."

"Eh? What's that? Yur Owen Hargreaves?"

OH;

"Yeah, yeah. Sweet muther of Gawd THAT HURTS, yeah that's me and then he went off and..."

*punt*

"OY. SON. Wait up!"

quote:Originally posted by Jamit

That would make one heck of an audio skit Cheeta...

Edit: Permission to do something with it for my Podcast if I desire to do so?

I dunno. If you think you could make it work. The father-son testicular toe tickling connection, and the reasonings behind it might be far too vague for those outside of the know but go ahead. Knock yourself out.

Maybe a slight clarification would help?

"Eh? What's that? Yur Owen Hargreaves?"

OH;

"Yeah, yeah. Sweet muther of Gawd THAT HURTS, yeah that's me and then he went off and..."

"Same Owen Hargreaves what was born and raised in Calgary then went off and played fur Englund instead of Canader?"

OH;

"*cough* That's me. World Cup hero. *cough* Thanks for the hand up, mate. Can't believe it. I just wished him luck? Said I was Owen Hargreaves and..."

*punt*

OH;

GOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....

David Edgar, SR.

"OY. DAVID! SON! Wait up!"

Archived