Canada vs Guatemala (in game) [R]

nolando

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by striker

Jazic makes a run down the left and crosses back to De Guzman. His left foot shot is deflected in either by Gerba or the Guatemalan defender.

Don't forget DeRo's little flick through two Guat defenders to send Jazic free down the flank. I jumped out of my seat for that and said to myself "they have to score now".

I'm at work, loving this :D

Is that two or three goals for Gerba in the half? Was the first tipped by DeRo or the defender? The second goal was a thing of beauty, I don't think I've seen a nicer goal by Canada. Leaving aside Belize when have we sored three goals in a half against a similarly ranked team?

At this point, I won't be devestated if we don't go into the finals. We have excorcised two of our devils, Costa Rica and Guatemala, and we have solidified our core group of players. As somebody mentioned here the other day, our best players are all developing at just the right time for the next cycle of WCQ, especially Hutch, DDR and Deguzman. People will be afraid of drawing us in qualifying.

quote:Originally posted by ken

Is that two or three goals for Gerba in the half? Was the first tipped by DeRo or the defender? The second goal was a thing of beauty, I don't think I've seen a nicer goal by Canada. Leaving aside Belize when have we sored three goals in a half against a similarly ranked team?

Actually, Gerba has only one. De Rosario got a touch on the first, and the third is being credited to de guzman

D-Roe got that one, but what if Andre had scored before that? Oh, my Gawd.

Hutch is a fu'king football genius. An absolute football genius. Very fluid movement and hinging triangles from the Canuck midfield. Hutch, The Guz, Nash even! Bloody effing Hell....

Three beer cannons are catching up with me :)

Archived