Can vs Guatamal Predictions?

Derosario23

I've been getting more and more excited about this game all week, now I'm starting to feel nervous for the first time. Some Voyageurs are actually predicting a Guat win (and I'm not referring to Daniel's jinxer), that's unheard of! We must be in deep. All I've been picturing is the beautiful goals we'll score and the way we'll beat them all over the field, umm, though I kinda forgot about our D and lack of a striker who scores. Well, Gerba will start, rightfully too - I'm sure- because he's had 1 chance and burried it. That is the striker's job you know, especially with a strong midfield. Hume, I love the lad, but he's hot and cold and right now he's not hot. I hope he'll get subbed in, even if we're winning, to give him a chance to heat up... Yeah, the midfield has to win this one, and I think they're ready. De-Ros growing up - DeGooze is growing up - Attiba The Hun (love that name for its irony concerning his personality) was grown up when he was 18 but he's finally figuring out he's better than most guys out there and so he can do some damage now - Stalteri's grown up (finally!). These guys will win it for Canada. Also, Onstad is playing like the rock solid veteran that Yallop saw in him but didn't happen then... But this is now.

A moment about Hastings. The guy's not very good, I know, but God damn he's Canadian to the soul (except his accent) and he wants to win. The coach says, "McKenna, Kluk, Nsaliwa, Brennan aren't coming, De Vos is retired, Gervais sucks and Edgar's tied up with the U20's -- you're a mediocre left back but I'm desperate -- will you play centre half for us and hopefully not humiliate yourself like the last Gold Cup you played in?"

Hastings reply, "F'ck yeah!"

Just keep it simple Rich. No juggling displays, please. You just might get to play in the semis.

I'm having Huevos Rancheros for breakfast tomorrow, Canada is having them for lunch.

Canada 1 Guats 0

Guest speedmonk42
quote:Originally posted by Daniel

It's a play on the DoyleG "Portugal 5-0" prediction :P.

I stopped doing real predictions, because it's quite useless.

Perhaps we should hire a astrologist and numerologist to go through all the posts and see if there is a collective psycic energy that predicts the outcome of the games.

Ruiz is a monster, there is no doubt about it. Unlike Hart I am not worried about the guy who passes to him (our midfield has proven to be among the best in the tournament). I am worried about Ruiz (and our crappy defense). He can do it all. Not that we haven't been informed of this before. I only hope that people in Guatemala are watching hilight packages of DDR or somebody and thinking the same thing and getting nervous. Isn't it crazy to think thaat quite literally half of Guatemala will be probably be watching this game while only a few crazy Canadians like us will even bother? Will it make any difference to have the support of an entire nation behind you? Let's hope not, for our sakes.

Go Canada!!!!

Guest Jeffery S.

Never predict an important game. Better, when it looks clear and you are confident, however unreasonably, inside, just shut up. Keep it all in.

The rest is sort of jinx, or a sign you have lost it.

I also believe you have to concentrate mental energy, if you are not concentrated as a fan, if you are too disperse, the team will suffer. If anyone comes onto this board and says they tuned in 10 minutes late because they were talking to a neighbour about barbecues over the fence, that person should be banned permanently from this board.

I believe in this theory so much I cannot even say where or when I am applying it. But there are games that come up that you feel no tension, no good vibes, everything is too loose, and you know your chances are crap.

Archived