La Liga title race

amacpher

Did anyone watch the games last weekend? I was watching all 3 matches at the same time and the race literally did a 180-degree turn in about 15 seconds. With 2 minutes to go, Barca had one-hand on the championship trophy. Madrid were losing, Sevilla were tied 0-0 and Barca were winning. Madrid needed a miracle in two minutes: Either score 2 goals themselves, score 1 and hope Barca conceed one, or hope Barca conceed 2 and Sevilla don't score.

And the miracle happened (the 2nd scenerio)!

Too bad Sevilla couldn't win to make it even more interesting.

It looks like Messi's hand of God goal will not prove decisive. Now Madrid are almost certain to win it. But there could still be some drama this Sunday. If Sevilla happen to be winning and Madrid & Barca are tied, will Barca conceed a goal and lose on purpose to hand Sevilla the title? Unlikely scenerio, but if it happens I'll be laughing my ass off! :D

r995845313.jpg

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by River City

Fire Rijkaard!

I agree, mostly. He is pretty damn useless, only he is big buddies with the club president.

They'll end up selling Eto'o, still the best striker in the world in my opinion (played less than half the season and still scored 11), just to get his character out of the dressing room, to save Rijkaard's face.

For me, with the same players and a decent coach, Barça would have won the league a month ago. Champions is another story, can't predict head to head match-ups, but the league? This is the absolutely best squad man for man in the world!

Was it really necessary to show Tom Cruise and his wife 174 times during the Madrid - Mallorca match? If they're gonna show someone in the stands, show Rafa Nadal (who was also at the match). He's a real die-hard Madrid supporter. Who the fuk is Tom Cruise and his muppettress? You guys don't belong in the Bernabeu!! Go back home and watch the LA Galaxy.

Oh, and if that's not bad enough, Tom Cruise' wife has the exact same haircut as Victoria Beckham. Lame and pathetic!

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by amacpher

Was it really necessary to show Tom Cruise and his wife 174 times during the Madrid - Mallorca match? If they're gonna show someone in the stands, show Rafa Nadal (who was also at the match). He's a real die-hard Madrid supporter. Who the fuk is Tom Cruise and his muppettress? You guys don't belong in the Bernabeu!! Go back home and watch the LA Galaxy.

Oh, and if that's not bad enough, Tom Cruise' wife has the exact same haircut as Victoria Beckham. Lame and pathetic!

Yes, sickening. They say Cruise wants Beckham to train his kids so they can be soccer stars. Katie deliberately got a haircut like Posh Spice. Who openly hates Spain and all things related to it (especially the female rivals she's found, just wait for LA).

What makes me especially sick is that Barça was dumb enough to let this guy have a glorious ending, we handed it to them on a silver platter with bone-head mistakes in critical games, at home. Just think how wonderful it would have been to have sent Becks to LA without having won a single damn trophy in four years at Madrid? Barça has only itself to blame for not driving the nail hard and long into that coffin.

Archived