Gold Cup coverage so far on Sportsnet and Gol TV

Unionville is not what I'd call the "outer" suburbs - I'd reserve that term for places like Newmarket or Uxbridge. Unionville is in Markham and that borders north of the city.

Having said that, as someone who works & lives in Markham, I think Dave's singular example at the Go Station is a bit of a fluke. I haven't met anyone in the town who is a sports fan who hasn't heard of TFC, & I've met plenty of people who aren't sports fans who have. Agree though, the remaining "flukes" in the GTA are likely going to be taken care of come August.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're talking about the BJ conflicts, but how about bumping the Canada game ACROSS THE NETWORK in favour of a local MLS side?

We've had most Canada games live on the full network in past editions, and this time has been the worst by far (1/5 so far).

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

Say what you want, and there is a bit to complain about but this is the best Gold Cup coverage ever.

We get every single match and we get every single Canadian match LIVE and on delayed telecast TWICE. Yeah, sure. Some of the matches are on digital only but they're available. Remember WCQ when you couldn't get a match live on any channel?

Best coverage ever.

And agree completely about the GolTV coverage. Signal is a bit wanting at time but I'll take it and James and Godfrey look genius during the break. Not my usual habit but I have been watching the matches with the sound on and have as a result learned to appreciate Dobson and Forrest more. Gerry calls a match in the NA style, something he's more comfortable with odviously and not exactly my cup of tea but it's tolerable. Think he does dumb-it-down a bit too much though but he is getting better.

it all about your point of view, last time all the gold cup games were on fox sports world canada, now only on sportsnet we get Canada games only ( don't get gol yet). we need a national wide soccer channel in Canada....fox and gol should merge into one soccer super station.

I have been watching with the "generic" broadcasters on Gol TV and they're not bad, plus they really know their soccer. It's mostly a broadcast team I have heard before on Gol TV, with Phil Schoen doing PBP and another guy doing color (I think his name is Keyvan something). Schoen is his usual professional call, they sound pretty good, but not over the top, and the color guy makes sharp analysis. The other day, he was talking about what subs Panama would make, and lo-and-behold, the guy he was talking about comes in. I don't know if he's doing it on tape delay and maybe had some inside info, but they're very informative although sometimes they get on some long story.....

Archived