Figo to the Galaxy?

Paddy

Let see here, Beck is supposed to come this year after July 1st. Am I wrong, but little chirps are telling me that's it offical he is not coming this year to the MLS, now Figo, I doubt that very much if this is true. I believe it when I see it.

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/news/story?id=564274&s=ita&type=story

I thought i saw it some where not spanish maybe some one can translate.. But from the little spanish I can read If i am not mistaken the answer is NO GO if he plays for one more year it will be with Inter, his contract expires 2008,.

quote:Originally posted by BigBird

Let see here, Beck is supposed to come this year after July 1st. Am I wrong, but little chirps are telling me that's it offical he is not coming this year to the MLS,

Interesting. Now that he is playing well and has become indispensible to his national team again, there have been rumblings in the UK media that he should not go to MLS. Becks sounds like a character guy who keeps his word but I find it hard to understand that these players are permitted to flip flop like on these decisions to this extent.

I thought that Figo was going to the Middle east. It was signed, sealed and deleivered. At least thats what was reported several months ago. Now we hear, maybe not. Well what is it.

Yeah, big mistake by Becks signing with MLS.

I've been saying for years that the illusion that MLS is trying to distance itself from the NASL is just that -- an illusion. The truth is, they always wanted nothing more than to attract ageing, big-name players at the expense of developing young domestic talent. The *ONLY* reason they didn't grab all these big names earlier is because they couldn't.

The designated player rule is another joke. Again, its in place only to make it appear</u> that MLS is not the second-coming of the NASL.

Before MLS could attract any decent talent they had a salary cap. Once they could attract a few “superstars”, they invent this 1 DP/team rule. Now that more stars are coming from overseas, you can bet that will increase to 2 DP/team...then 3. Then the whole rule will be scrapped. In other words, there are no constraints at all. No limits, no salary-cap. It's just a mickey-mouse rule that MLS invented to flatter themselves by thinking they are above the NASL strategy. [:o)] Just like their fake attendance figures. [/vent]

quote:Originally posted by amacpher

Yeah, big mistake by Becks signing with MLS.

I've been saying for years that the illusion that MLS is trying to distance itself from the NASL is just that -- an illusion.

NASL.

Before MLS could attract any decent talent they had a salary cap. Once they could attract a few “superstars”, they invent this 1 DP/team rule. Now that more stars are coming from overseas, you can bet that will increase to 2 DP/team...then 3. Then the whole rule will be scrapped. In other words, there are no constraints at all. No limits, no salary-cap. It's just a mickey-mouse rule that MLS invented to flatter themselves by thinking they are above the NASL strategy. [:o)] Just like their fake attendance figures. [/vent]

So what wrong with that? Since when did the NASL ever get scorned by anyone associated with soccer in North America aside from references to the odd silly rules and crappy stadiums and surfaces that they played in. I have never heard anyone say that: " MLS is trying to distance itself from the NASL" until you mentioned it.

Seems pretty simple and straight forward to me, the reason this rule didn't exist before was because they could't afford it and if you didnt have measure in place to controll overspending, the league wiould be gonzo by now. Thats because people in North america would not tolerate the garbage that you see in Europe where its the same one or two teams ( who have the resources) that win year after year and the rest of the teams serve as back markers much like the Minardi's in an F1 race. The biggest illusions in club soccer are not in North American soccer but rather in the notion of the first division or premiership concept of europe that make people believe that some newly promted "Joe FC" team is actually on par with some G16 team just because they get to face twice in the calendar year.

There is nothing wrong with striving to emulated what the NASL was. The cost controll/cap rules ( just like any another league with a cap) are not going to entirely disappear. Nor are the soccer specific stadiums. And in regards to development: well, the bulk of the 86 WC teams for canada played in the NASL.

quote:Originally posted by Free kick

Interesting. Now that he is playing well and has become indispensible to his national team again, there have been rumblings in the UK media that he should not go to MLS. Becks sounds like a character guy who keeps his word but I find it hard to understand that these players are permitted to flip flop like on these decisions to this extent.

I thought that Figo was going to the Middle east. It was signed, sealed and deleivered. At least thats what was reported several months ago. Now we hear, maybe not. Well what is it.

True it was reported that he was going to Middle East changed their mind. Maybe Inter had something to do or say about it! However you look at it he will remain with inter mostlikely or a long shot with Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham or MANU. But MLS I doubt it. But could be a longshot I guess! 1000 to 1. any bets!

Beckham! It's a wait and see approach July 1st is just around the corner. Yes since he is doing well and back on with England could MANU be a possiblity or back to his home town to finish his career. He has always wanted to play for Milan that cannot be overlooked either.

sure would upset alot of people who thought he would come to the mls

If he does not come!

Guest speedmonk42

Nobody in Europe is going to pay Beckham the dog chocking motherload of cash he going to get in MLS.

Remember it is WAY WAY WAY more than his MLS salary

quote:Originally posted by speedmonk42

Nobody in Europe is going to pay Beckham the dog chocking motherload of cash he going to get in MLS.

Remember it is WAY WAY WAY more than his MLS salary

I say wait and see if its true you will know soon, if not then just maybe to much money offered for it become true!

I found this as well on FIgo either he plays for inter or retires from the pitch

http://www.datasport.it/leggi.aspx?id=4438695

Ive heard this before in behind the scenes he will probaly end up in England you see:!

I am absolutely sure Beckham will come to MLS despite his better play. He has a contract, if the Galaxy can afford to sign him, they can afford to keep him in court the rest of his professional careeer and retirement.

Especially if they get a court injunction that could keep him sidelined from playing in any league if he leaves.

As for hte FIGO story, well, everyone had the same doubt with Beckham, and well, its only a few weeks left befroe he makes his debute against the Toronto!

quote:Originally posted by kenyam

I am absolutely sure Beckham will come to MLS despite his better play. He has a contract, if the Galaxy can afford to sign him, they can afford to keep him in court the rest of his professional careeer and retirement.

Especially if they get a court injunction that could keep him sidelined from playing in any league if he leaves.

As for hte FIGO story, well, everyone had the same doubt with Beckham, and well, its only a few weeks left befroe he makes his debute against the Toronto!

So did Figo and look what happen. To many whispers behind the scenes and alot of chirping is going on, maybe next year. I hope not it would be a disapointment for me, sure would like to see him again playing on my turf. But I doubt it I think we will be lucky to see him this year at all. But your right we will all find out soon maybe sooner the July 1st, 2007. Maybe by the 26th.

Hear I found this

http://www.datasport.it/leggi.aspx?id=4441520

Beckham apparetnly has a clause in his contract that if Madrid still wants him they have to pay 9 million Euros to the galaxy team.

and no Beckham in the States. what's 9 million for Madrid............its just p in the pacific ocean for them.

As I mentioned to much whispering going on here, maybe the truth is finally coming out .

quote:Originally posted by Ryan Keay

Beckham has already said no to staying at Madrid.. as much as some people don't want to admit it, Beckham will be playing in LA.

Its not his choice according to his contract. as I mentioned a while ago.

he will be bought back and regardless of what he thinks you or I think, its what Madrid thinks and how much money they will make.

they loose 9 million here but they will make that 3 times over by him staying with the club...

quote:Originally posted by Jarrek

Do you have his contract?

Until someone posts it on the internet, in clear writing, it's all speculation.

No I dont have it but from what I have been told and read and heard there could be truth to this, that it not his choice he may have to remain one year with madrid or some where else if they infact use the escape clause.,

But I agree with you its all speculation and problably the source coming from the Italians and the spanish is something to really not get into a frenzy as of yet Massive is right if it comes from the BBC that will have some wieght. It should be soon before you here something then we can be concerned but I must admit listening to the Lalas interview it sure sounds like he said did have a contract and he did make it clear there is a buyout for Madrid if they so choose.

SO who gives a rat ass if he comes he comes, I have seen enough of him playing in person in serval pitches one more or else it wont make a differnece.

How can it not be his choice? His contract with Real is ended as of two weeks from now. Period.

That's how he signed with MLS on a free in the first place. If Real had ANY say over what he does past June 30, don't you think they would have tried to extort some sort of transfer fee out of MLS?

Rudi there is no question that his contract with Madrid is over come the end of this month, the question did Beckham agent submit a clause in his new offer with Galaxy a buy out clause or a back out clause. It appears so according to LALAS he has admitted to it and was quoted saying yes to this question. ANd to follow up he has admmitted that he did have a contract with Beckham. Finally the last question when asked if Beckham does not want to be there or changes his mind would you release him. Again LALAS indicates a yes rather then a no of course not....

It's not me saying this it's him LALAS.

unless my hearing is wrong! Judge for yourself. MAybe I wrong but in between the lines and some commnets made by LALAS it fishy yet if he is coming or not.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/sol/newsid_6730000/newsid_6739600/6739619.stm?bw=nb&mp=wm

I guess your right, I saw also in the Daily news and the sun UK papers. What can I say I reacted according to the comments Lalas made in the video above and the question ask to him were not clear with a straight forward reply as one would have expected...regardless this is good news and positive and a step forward and closer to him arriving. However, if and when he comes, and I'm sorry if I am stuck on this, I still have a bit of doubt with LALAS comments. But I want you to know that I hope he arrives sooner the better and healthy, it will great day for all of the north american when he steps on the USA pitch.

Archived