Gold Cup viewing parties in Ottawa?

Splatypus

I don't know. I've watched matches at the Georgetown Tavern (formerly Fergus Inn), The Duke of Somerset and Local Heros. The first two cater a bit more to soccer fans but since there is little else going on in Ottawa right now locals would put the game on for us.

The Duke's closed though, right? I remember watching Can-NI at the Fergus and it was alright. Never been to Local Heroes. I'm partial to the "Cellar" in the Lieutenant's Pump on Elgin, but like I said, I can't make the next two games.

It's been awhile since the Ottawa V's got together. Last one I remember was that Can-NI game. We'll have to change that.

I just called the Georgetown Pub to confirm that they'd be showing it and apparently they don't have either Sportsnet Digital feeds or GolTV (which is surprising because they had some of the other games on their event schedule).

Would you (or anyone else?) be adverse to the Lieutenant's Pump on Elgin? I've watched TFC games there and they definitely have GolTV. Plus their brunch menu is pretty good.

Guest Can. in UK
quote:Originally posted by El Hombre

I just called the Georgetown Pub to confirm that they'd be showing it and apparently they don't have either Sportsnet Digital feeds or GolTV (which is surprising because they had some of the other games on their event schedule).

Would you (or anyone else?) be adverse to the Lieutenant's Pump on Elgin? I've watched TFC games there and they definitely have GolTV. Plus their brunch menu is pretty good.

Be warned - the last time I watched a match there, we lost 2-0 to Ecuador.

The waitress told me that both back rooms are booked solid, so I reserved a table in a small room just off the main room. It has it's own TV, so we should be all set up. I'll be showing up at 6:30.

If any Ottawa based lurkers want to come out, feel free. Splaty and I met some random non-V fans last Saturday which made for a good time. There's plenty of room and if things go well, I usually start buying beers.

Archived