GC - Costa Rica vs Canada - Video (bittorrent)

Splatypus

I've heard that some ISPs are throttling or shaping their traffic such that bittorrent downloads are extremely sloooow.

Right now I'm getting whooping 20 KB/s! (Only 9 hrs to go!)

Time to change providers?

Thanks for the link though! That's great that folks are making this stuff available.

quote:Originally posted by Splaty

Via bittorrent is the only way to get it from me but someone else might have the time and bandwidth to upload it to a dump site like rogepost.com or mediafire.com.

What's stopping you from downloading via torrent?

quote:Originally posted by harwood

I've heard that some ISPs are throttling or shaping their traffic such that bittorrent downloads are extremely sloooow.

Right now I'm getting whooping 20 KB/s! (Only 9 hrs to go!)

Rogers does throttle bittorrent upload speed but downloads should be unaffected. There is a relatively small swarm (9 at the moment) and most will be from people on home connections who limit their upload rate so I would not expect great speeds. That said, you might want to increase the number of connections your torrent client allows so you are connected to as many as possible.

I switched to 3web from Rogers to get away from their throttling, it's almost the same service (6 mbps down, 800 kbps up cable) for about 2/3 the price.

Archived