Sportsnet announced the score before broadcast!

Paddy

I was watching the TFC game on Sportsnet East and then with about 2 minutes to go, they switched to the Canada game as the game was ending. Very dissapointed in Sportsnet as I wanted to watch both games without knowing the score. I wasn't 100% sure they were going to show the TFC game on replay,so thats why I watched TFC first, but was really looking forward to Canada...

Decided to watch the Canada match first then the TFC match instead they are repeating the Canada match, I had figured TFC then Canada on one station and Canada followed by TFC on the other, not so, I guess it made too much sense.

quote:Originally posted by Krammerhead

It kind of loses it's appeal once you know the final score.

I understand very well you're situation. Sportsnet are idiots and we should send them tough e-mail, no place for that kind of stuff. Even if like me you did watch Canada-CR, send them an e-mail.

that being said, you have to watch this game. My friend who hasn't watch Canada play for years couldn't believe it, after the first five minutes he saw (he came in my place around min 20-25) he told me "Canada are in white??? where are the long balls???"...

quote:Originally posted by loyola

I understand very well you're situation. Sportsnet are idiots and we should send them tough e-mail, no place for that kind of stuff. Even if like me you did watch Canada-CR, send them an e-mail.

that being said, you have to watch this game. My friend who hasn't watch Canada play for years couldn't believe it, after the first five minutes he saw (he came in my place around min 20-25) he told me "Canada are in white??? where are the long balls???"...

I will watch it - sounds great. All that beer in the fridge isnt going to waste on Sportnets account. I have already written Sportsnet and I was anything but polite about it.

I was having a rather ****ty day--hating my work, can't get going on my novel, wondering what the hell I'm doing with my life, battling a cold--so I decide to watch the last half of TFC before the Canada - Tico replay. TFC falls appart, which add to my foul mood, then Sporstnet flips over to the end of the Canada game, showing the final score! I could have killed somebody. They wouldn't do this to a hockey game, not even the bloody CHL. And man the announcers were awful.

Still, with the result--and a well-played gamed, and two fantastic goals by DeGuzman, and four beer--things are looking up.

quote:Originally posted by Paddy

I cant believe it. They showed the game at 4pm (oops, I guess it was just the TFC game) and again at 6pm. I turn on the tv at 6 and they announce the score. Idiots

Y'know, I had a feeling they'd do that, so I immediately switched to hockey after the final whistle for TFC and then switched back 10 minutes later. Good thing I did, I guess. Oy, Sportsnet.

Guest speedmonk42

This is at lease the fifth time a tape delayed game has been ruined this way for me.

I even told people not to turn on this game until they were sure it had already started.

quote:Originally posted by stacks

I put the game on at 5:58 which most people do(put on their show a little early) and they were showing the final few minutes of the game.

F#^&^&@% Morons!

[xx(] Yeeeesh....

(Not me. I didn't take any chances. Waited</u> until a few minutes after kick-off to tune it).

Even if you avoided the last few minutes of the TFC game, first few minutes of the delayed Canada broadcast and any updates in between, there was always the possibility that the score would flash across on a ticker at the bottom of the screen. It has happened before.

wow. Just wow. How happy am I that I took a piss and flipped to the hockey game?

I was so focused on the action that I didn't even notice when they ran the Finland-Canada score on the ticker during the match three years ago.

I feel awful for you guys.

Honestly how incompetent is Sportsnet. It's embarassing enough that we get TFC nation-wide and Canada is shipped out to the digital (and I'm a TFC fan, but why not show TFC live in Ont and tape delayed everywhere else).

But to show two games back-to-back and give away the result of the second. It's like they're telling their soccer viewers "don't trust us not to eff up the result, you better make a decision". If there's a next time I'll skip the TFC game and make sure I watch Canada on digital rather than watching both because these clowns have proven they can't be trusted.

cheers,

matthew

Archived