Onstad added to the GC roster

loyola

quote:Originally posted by youllneverwalkalone

I don't think getting Lars out for qualifying will be a problem. I'm also hopeful that Begovic will have a great tourney and push James for a couple starts at Portsmouth and push Lars for Canada. He already appears to be the Portsmouth reserve keeper of choice which, given his age, bodes very well for Canada's future. Since Forrest, Lars is the only other keeper to have come close to playing at an elite level at such a young age -and even then I think he was still in Calgary when he was 20.

Wagenaar played 4-5 times in the Dutch Eredivisie at the age of 21. Of course back injuries came to haunt him, but a very positive step for the youngster.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by jonovision

I already mentioned this in another thread, but according to the CSA "tracker", Onstad is starting. I don't have a real problem with that but I know some will.

CSA match tracker

Well, if it's due to a Sutton injury like it was reported by some I don't have a problem with that.

Sutton and Gervais aren't dressed according to the match tracker. Giacomi is the back up.

quote:Originally posted by jonovision

Onstand looked very calm, competent and confident.

Good game by Onstad. He made the important first half save and looked to be a good leader at the back. So much for the Onstad haters....

Now the question is who's starting our next 2 games? Will Onstad remains with the team?

Archived