Venezuela game on Sportsnet

Alberto7

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/article.jsp?content=20070529_124553_4668

If you can't wait that long for your national soccer fix, then tune into Sportsnet June 1 as we bring you the Canada friendly live on Rogers Sportsnet. (Available live only on East, Pacific digital channels Friday at 7pm ET. Match can be viewed in its entirety Saturday at 10 am ET for those without.)

Beauty.

How things change. Wasn't so long ago that we couldn't get a WCQ match on anything but tape delay TO SAVE YOUR LIFE but we get a friendly against Venezuela live?

So what's happened at SportsNet? Change of heart of change of contract conditions?

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Doesn't Sportsnet have two versions of each channel (ie East and East Digital). What does this mean?

I think what it means is you have to have digital cable or satellite to see it live. If you have regular cable (and only receive one Sportsnet feed) you can only see the match on Saturday at 10:00 am.

That's how I understand it. They did something similar with the CAN-ARG U-20 game.

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

Beauty.

How things change. Wasn't so long ago that we couldn't get a WCQ match on anything but tape delay TO SAVE YOUR LIFE but we get a friendly against Venezuela live?

So what's happened at SportsNet? Change of heart of change of contract conditions?

Maybe all our emails have had an effect. The power of the masses!

quote:Originally posted by The Ref

Maybe all our emails have had an effect. The power of the masses!

How many here did send an e-mail?

I think it's more a quesiton of Sportsnet realizing that soccer might be growing in popularity with the U-20's and TFC, so they'll promote NT games since they have the rights.

quote:Originally posted by CDN4EVR

I've fast forwarded to Friday 19:00 on my satelite and although there is a Blue-Jays baseball game scheduled, it states the programing is subject to change, soooo lets hope it changes.

The U-20 Argentina vs Canada was never announced on my TV since it was available live only for the people with digital (4 sportsnet chanels. They had baseball all the time but when I turned to Sportsnet for the game, it was there. So even if you have digitals, you won't see it announces on your TV.

I guess it will be the same with the Venezuela game tomorrow. I can't wait!!!

quote:Originally posted by hottoddy7

Bloody Hell!! I'll be in the air during this match.

Darn it, my BellExpress dish lost the satellite signals. Now I have to wait for a technician to show up tomorrow. Hope they can fix the stupid thing in time. I suspect a tree which now has leaves is not letting the signal through.

Hmmm...are we still sure it's going to be shown live?

http://www.canadasoccer.com/eng/media/viewArtical.asp?Press_ID=2713

The match will be broadcast on Rogers Sportsnet’s four digital channels on Saturday morning. The presentations are (all times local) 10.00 Sportsnet East and Sportsnet Ontario, 8.00 Sportsnet West, and 7.00 Sportsnet Pacific

http://www2.sportsnet.ca/tvschedule/tvsked_sport.php?schedule_id=7

Saturday, Jun. 2

7:00 a.m. PT / 8:00 a.m. MT / 9:00 a.m. CT / 10:00 a.m. ET / 11:00 a.m. AT

Soccer Canada Venezuela v Canada (120 mins)

Archived