Where is Marc Bircham?

Paddy

Marc was not offered a new contract by QPR so he is without a club right now! I don't know what went on with Marc and FY, he was never called again after the Belize games! He was obviously committed(see the haircut)! In my opinion this was one of FY's biggest mistakes! We desperately needed a ball winner in the midfield who had some distribution skills! Bircham was man of the match in every big game for QPR in their run up to promotion to the championship!I'm gonna go out on a limb and say his omission cost us at least advancing to the hex! He has battled injuries in the last season, so I don't know how fit he is now! He would be in my starting 11 evertime, but don't get me going on this!

Frankie ran with Serioux for the destroyer role. As far as I'm concearned Adrian Serioux is a poor mans Marc Bircham but it's hard to guess how things would have worked out had it been Bircham instead of Serioux. CONCACAF ref'ing leaves something to be desired.

Don't think you'll ever see Bircham in a Canadian shirt again, but I guess you can never really know. Quite sure he has other priorities right now, we've got an expanding midfield pool and I don't know that Mitchell would be interested in that type of player under any circumstance anyway.

Archived