Haiti is in form

JesseDart

I've been reading some reports in the central american media saying that Haiti is experiencing somewhat of a football renaissaince or "golden age" as the football pundents like to call it. I believe all of their players are based in Haiti, but it seems like they have pace and have killer counter attack. If teams go to sleep on them apparently they don't need too many chances to make them pay. They are speedy and clinical in their finishes. Defensively they seem to be strong due to their physical disposition and they basically defend with 8 people behind the ball. They are a counter attack team and not to be underestimated. Definetely a dark horse in the Gold Cup (no pun intended).

Do any of you have any info on English media on this. For those of you who speak French, have you read anything on Haiti?

The Gold Cup was once a 6 team tournament of past world cup winners. Dont know how often it was held, but I recall Uruguay winning it once.

Italy

Germany

England

Brazil

Uruguay

Argentina

I think that was the line-up. Long time ago so it is hard to recall. I don't think it was taken very seriously.

quote:Originally posted by JesseDart

I've been reading some reports in the central american media saying that Haiti is experiencing somewhat of a football renaissaince or "golden age" as the football pundents like to call it. I believe all of their players are based in Haiti, but it seems like they have pace and have killer counter attack. If teams go to sleep on them apparently they don't need too many chances to make them pay. They are speedy and clinical in their finishes. Defensively they seem to be strong due to their physical disposition and they basically defend with 8 people behind the ball. They are a counter attack team and not to be underestimated. Definetely a dark horse in the Gold Cup (no pun intended).

Do any of you have any info on English media on this. For those of you who speak French, have you read anything on Haiti?

Don't worry, our lack of preparation and player familiarity will lull them into a false sense of security. We can't lose.

quote:Originally posted by Sigma

Results against Haiti....

Nov 10/73 Haiti 5 Canada 1

Nov 12/73 Haiti 0 Canada 1

Oct 20/77 Canada 1 Haiti 1 (in Mexico WCQ)

Nov 6/81 Canada 1 Haiti 1 (in Honduras WCQ)

Mar 28/84 Haiti 0 Canada 1

Apr 13/85 Canada 2 Haiti 0 (WCQ)

May 8/85 Haiti 0 Canada 2 (WCQ)

Oct 9/99 Canada 2 Haiti 1 (GCQ in LA)

Jan 18/02 Canada 2 Haiti 0 (GC)

I remember someone posting something like that before T&T beat us for the first time.

quote:Originally posted by Sigma

The difference is that Haiti has beaten us before.

Oh...is that what Nov 10/73 Haiti 5 Canada 1 meant? :)

Don't worry, I am kidding. Just trying to make light of the serious matter of our preparation.

Archived