Vendredi, 10 août 2007

19 h 00 FC de Miami @ Impact de Montréal

Vendredi, 24 août 2007

20 h 00 Impact de Montréal @ Raging Rhinos de Rochester

Mercredi, 5 septembre 2007

19 h 00 Silverbacks d’Atlanta @ Impact de Montréal

Samedi, 8 septembre 2007

19 h 35 Impact de Montréal @ Raging Rhinos de Rochester

The overall production was very amateurish. The game analyst was Ok, but the game calling and decription was brutal and it clearly showed that Claude Quenneville knows absolutlely about soccer. Quenneville is a long time hockey play by play man ( Radio and TV) whom I have not seen in ages since RDS wrestled the rights to all the HABS games away from the French CBC.

Also, I do not like things like that "Soccer 101" segment that they have in their pregame. Things like that are an insult to those who know the game and there are enough who have some knowledge of game to sustain an decent audience. Those who need that kind of segment will probably never get interested in the game in the first place. Plus, one of the two pregame hosts admitted that he know little about soccer. How does that help sell the product.

PS.: To clarify, I temporarily switched channells when I saw that "soccer 101" segment was to start therefore I did not actually see it. But, I kind of had an idea what was comming.

The Soccer 101 segment was pleasant and well-done.

Radio-Canada has put a lot of ressources and energy into this, the return of pro sport on the network, and I think it will only get better.

Curious to see what the ratings are like. For comparison's sake, TFC's opening game on CBC attracted 118,000 viewers.

Official attendendance 10,143.

Don't know if if I didn't like the production or just used to RDS from before. It may take a few games.

Would like it if Radio-Canada would stop hawking it's own shows on commericial breaks though. I think I know when all Radio-Canada Atlantique produced shows are on now. Espace Musique Atlantique sked is definatly burnt into my brain. Telejournal Atlantique has been on at the same time for 50 years, but I was reminded 100 times. Never thought I'd want private commericals.

Anyway looked a lively crowd and good win for the Impact.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Was kinda weird. Surprised to see it but someone must have thought it a good idea. Don't speak a lick of French but visually you pretty well got the idea I thought.

Yeah, I'd say overall the production seemed alright. They've certainly got an idea of where they want to go with this.

Radio-Canada has put a lot of ressources and energy into this, the return of pro sport on the network, and I think it will only get better.

Curious to see what the ratings are like. For comparison's sake, TFC's opening game on CBC attracted 118,000 viewers.

I guess that you didn't make out to the game then. It was touch and go for me right up until 3PM. The crappy weather was the deciding factor.

Didn't see the Soccer 101 segment but it's a good way to educate other sports fans about soccer.

Archived