Saputo Stadium construction pictures

Daniel

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by coppercanuck

Great looking Stade!! I can't wait to hear the noise from 200km away!!

I doubt you will hear anything at 2 meters, let alone 200 km. I know this because the last time I went to an Impact game, the only noise I heard from the crowd were mothers on their cell phones scheduling babysitting appointments for their kids and other such nonsense.

But we shall see, won't we.

quote:Originally posted by Mpenza

Strating next season, the Ultras will not be in the back row anymore. One thing is for sure, you will see them. And if the wind blows in the right direction, you might even hear them.

Where will they be sitting? And how many of them are there? Will they set off flares like in Europe? TFC's supporters have set the bar in this country. If the UM2 are serious, they had better get their act together and up the ante,..., minus the violence of course. All in good taste.

quote:Originally posted by MegasAlexandros

There is an important distinction to be made however. The TFC supporters have gone about things WITH the blessing of team management whereas the UM02 have, especially in the last few years, been getting little to no support from the team. Makes the job a lot harder when you have to fight the powers that be.

If that is the case, if the Impact will not accomodate supporter groups to help create that festive passionate atmosphere that we find in soccer stadiums around the world, then I fear this whole enterprise will fail, and all of this will have been in vain. We need drama and passion, something that will get people talking, get them excited about. That's how teams prosper.

The Saputo's would be stupid to not support their Ultras the way TFC has supported U-Sector, RPB and the North End Elite's efforts.

The Saputo's did not vault to megawealth by being stupid. I'm sure that with the new stadium there will be a new attitude. I suggest that the guys who are the chief organizers of the Impact Ultra groups contact the guys in charge of TFC's supporters groups to exchange notes on how to build links with club management. If there has been hard feelings in the past, use the new stadium as an opportunity for a fresh start between the two groups. Leave any old resentment or bitterness at the door.

Gee, do you realy think we're sitting our our asses waiting for something to happen? We're not stupid enough to wait AFTER they start selling tickets to meet the front office and talk to them about where we're going to fit in the puzzle... Talks are in progress.

As someone pointed out before, the Montreal supporters (because the UM02 are not alone in this) have been doing what they do without much of a support from the club in the past few years. What TFC has done for its supporters and the response the supporters groups gave is probably going to give us a boost here, because everyone in Canada can now see what good comes out of a good relationship with your supporters. However, it's not the Ultras who need to contact whoever did the work in Toronto, it's the Impact's front office. So, please, stop telling us to do "like TFC", because we're not the ones who aren't trying to make things work, obviously, seeing as how we've been standing and singing at every home game for 6 seasons already, rain or shine, and meeting with the club's management in the off-season EVERY YEAR...

We're doing what needs to be done and have been for years. We just didn't happen to have the same luck the TFC supporters had, that's all.

Mpenza....i wasn't suggesting you guys are "sittin on your asses"...just suggested that the TFC supporters groups might be a useful resource. Don't be so sensitive. I'm not one of those guys who thinks TFC fans invented the supporters group. I am fully aware you guys have supported your team for years and done a good job of it.

In your opinion, why are the Impact hesitant to extend you guys the same level of support that TFC extended to its groups? I'm curious. do they think that supporters groups take away from the "family" experience at the games? the only Impact game I ever went to abour 2 years ago, I noticed it was a really young crowd. Not sure if that was a one time thing or if they go out of their way to put kids in the seats

That's exactly what I saw VPjr, kids running around the stadium, not really paying attention to the game. Meanwhile, the Ultras were doing their best to get the crowd going, but to no avail. I was sitting on the covered stand at the CCR across the field from them and I could hardly hear them. In all fairness, the CCR isn't exactly an intimate venue, what with the athletic's track and all, but even still, there was hardly any noise from the crowd. I was so disgusted by this sterile atmosphere that I haven't been back to see an Impact game since.

But I'm hoping things will be different this time around at the new stadium, that things will liven up a bit. But it's up to all of us to make it happen.

The Impact will unveil its season ticketing program on Monday. These should not yet include a supporters plan. We have recently met with the club and they have a very complete file on setting up a supporters' section. They are still examining the situation.

CCR was CCR and SS will be SS. Some of the characteristics of CCR (GA seating, low "true" capacity, walkways in front of the stands) that helped instill the "picnic" atmosphere will be removed at SS.

2008 is a clean slate and a new start, let's all hope we can make the most of it.

That being said: we know how the TFC groups deal, the Impact have contacts with TFC and their ressources. A lot of people are working behind the scenes. Don't get all fired up until you actually hear something either way.

quote:Originally posted by rodfern2007

We already set flares off, but that is one thing the Front Office has tried hard to take away from us.

It's the UM02, and before this season, we were the bar in this country, and we made it happen against the wishes of the front office, instead of toronto's manufactured supporters groups.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

The Impact will unveil its season ticketing program on Monday. These should not yet include a supporters plan. We have recently met with the club and they have a very complete file on setting up a supporters' section. They are still examining the situation.

CCR was CCR and SS will be SS. Some of the characteristics of CCR (GA seating, low "true" capacity, walkways in front of the stands) that helped instill the "picnic" atmosphere will be removed at SS.

2008 is a clean slate and a new start, let's all hope we can make the most of it.

That being said: we know how the TFC groups deal, the Impact have contacts with TFC and their ressources. A lot of people are working behind the scenes. Don't get all fired up until you actually hear something either way.

How has the Impact management responded so far? As we know previous comments made by Saputo about the supporters in the new stadium were not very positive. It seemed like he wanted to continue the family atmosphere and were afraid that the Ultras would damage the stadium and/or scare away their family oriented fans. Has the TFC situation changed their point of view?

I think it is a big mistake to not try to cultivate a real fan culture if they are trying to go to MLS. The kids and families are mostly there on free or cheap tickets. Unless Saputo wants to dip into his personal fortune to run the team this strategy will not work at the MLS level. The kids and family support will dry up once ticket prices rise to MLS level so it is the real soccer supporters that they need to develop into a fan base. Once the novelty of the new stadium wears off, I can't see myself attending too many games unless the atmosphere changes significantly from previous years. As others have said you have about 30 or 40 Ultras yelling their heads off in the middle of what seems to be a giant daycare centre. I don't particularly enjoy the USL level of play nor the style of play the Impact so there needs to be some atmosphere to make the games interesting to attend.

quote:Originally posted by Mpenza

I don't care to show anyone the way. I'm just tired of that guy's retarded comments all over the web.

He tries to imply that TFC supporters groups -- one of which predates UM02 -- as being manufactured, which is just preposterous. It smacks of juvenile posturing and jealousy.

Not that any of this has anything to do with Stade Saputo.

Archived