Miami FC draw 722 at the Orange Bowl !!

Alberto7

I wish I had caught last night's game on FSWC as announced attendance was 722. This in the Orange Bowl. I have no idea how big the Orange Bowl is but it must be over 60,000 capacity. It must have looked like the cleaning staff were the only ones catching this game.

I don't see this team lasting that much longer if even finishing the season...

http://www.uslsoccer.com/stats/2007/385616.html

Capacity is 72,319. They are also playing their next game (Sunday) in the same stadium. I can't wait to check it out on USL Live. It will be like watching the last 2 Sounders game at Qwest field. Actual crowds at the last 2 Sounders games appeared to be under 1,000.

There's a link on another discussion board where it appears Miami is looking to make a permanent move to the Orange Bowl.

All of those announced attendances have been inflated. There were those at the Rochester game that said there were fewer than 3,000 in the stadium, not just a couple of hundred under capacity. The first two games were inflated by over 1,000 each.

So do you guys belive that once/when the Whitecaps join the MLS(or domestic league IF one is created) those numbers will at Least DOUBLE? Do you think that by relocating to downtown into a stadium of 15k we can manage at least 10k attendance? In order for the franchise to repay the Stadium costs and the MLS Expansion.

quote:Originally posted by orletafc

So do you guys belive that once/when the Whitecaps join the MLS(or domestic league IF one is created) those numbers will at Least DOUBLE? Do you think that by relocating to downtown into a stadium of 15k we can manage at least 10k attendance? In order for the franchise to repay the Stadium costs and the MLS Expansion.

As has been proven by TFC, what a team draws in the USL has no bearing on what they'd draw playing in MLS in a new stadium. Swangard is a tiny small dump, with poor amenities. If there was a new stadium right now, for USL play, Vancouver would easily be drawing more than double what they do in Swangard.

quote:Originally posted by orletafc

If the Whitecaps avreage 10k+ at every game in the MLS that will be awsome. What will become of Swangard? City of Burnaby has any plans?

If were talking about MLS Whitecaps would more than draw 10K. They used to draw over 20,000 average quite a few times in the NASL.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Krammerhead

If were talking about MLS Whitecaps would more than draw 10K. They used to draw over 20,000 average quite a few times in the NASL.

I am convinced that the biggest problem with plans for the new stadiums in Vancouver and Montreal is that they are going to be too small. Even Toronto could do with 5000 more, that would increase walk-up, allow for a cheaper section or two (as if you always sell out or close to it you are forced to raise prices, not good for the common fan), allow you to make you money back for high-profile friendlies both club and country.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

The question now becomes: does Miami even finish the season without going over to the league?

Apparently, The club is Owned by "Traffic", that same brazillian company that owns the marketing and distribution rights to the Copa Libertadores and the Gold Cup. Quite a deep pocketed group from what I read and not likely to run out of money soon.

The city of Burnaby will keep Swangard going as it required by the city to host track events for local schools, gatherings etc. Yes the Whitecaps are one of the few "paying" tennants but the city gives priority to schools and or groups from Burnaby for free and the Whitecaps play second fiddle.

Archived