When does the camp start and where's the roster

ken

Our first Gold Cup match is June 6th, our warm up(s?) are June 1st or 2nd against Honduras and/or Venezuela. The camp should be starting a week before that or sometime around May 24. As both potential warm ups are in the respective counties, the camp is likely in south Florida. If that is so, we are less than 10 days away from the start of camp, are we going to see a roster any time soon or is it another stealth announcement like the U-20's.

I realize the CSA is in some turmoil but this is the regional championship, some effort should be made to promote it or at least try to bring it to peoples attention. It used to be that the roster came out about 10 days prior to the camp, then 10 prior to the match, then the week of the match, then finally the day before. If others in the region can start to announce their squads now why can't the CSA? I've not been one to bash the CSA but I have noticed the delays in announcing rosters and have been puzzled as to the reason, it shouldn't be that big a thing. On Skysports they announce the England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales sides atleast three weeks prior to a match.

Well we can make a guess as to who likely won't be there. Serioux is out injured & it appears, aggravatingly, that Stalteri is as well (not sure if he'll recover in time to be called). Anyone 20 & under will be with the U20 team, and Braz & Reda aren't playing enough at this point with TFC to make me think they will be selected.

The thirty man preliminary roster is on www.goldcup.org . There are a few suprises, mainly in omissions.

Bernier, Braz, Brennan, DeGuzeman, Derosario, Friend, Gerba, Gervais, Grande, Hainault, Harmse, Hirschfeld, Hume, Hutchinson, Imhof, Jazic, Klukowski, McKenna, Nakajima-Faran, Nash, Occean, Pozniak, Reda, Ribiero, Simpson(Josh and Dave), Stalteri, Stamatopolous, Sutton, Wagenaar.

Of course, being on the list does not mean you will be called up, but I think that not being on the list means you can't. That leaves out Radzinski, Ledgerwood and all U-20s.

7 of those would presumably be dropped for the final 23 man roster (which I think includes 5 alterates).

If Stalteri remains injured, I suspect the other 6 who would be dropped might be Dave Simpson, Wagenaar, Braz, Reda and either Ribeiro or Nash. 5 alternates might be Gervais, Stamatopolous, either Ribeiro or Nash & likely either Occean or Gerba (but not both). But I could be totally out to lunch on that.

It is disappointing that Nsaliwa isn't there, in addition to Radzniski & Ledgerwood.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

7 of those would presumably be dropped for the final 23 man roster (which I think includes 5 alterates).

If Stalteri remains injured, I suspect the other 6 who would be dropped might be Dave Simpson, Wagenaar, Braz, Reda and either Ribeiro or Nash. 5 alternates might be Gervais, Stamatopolous, either Ribeiro or Nash & likely either Occean or Gerba (but not both). But I could be totally out to lunch on that.

It is disappointing that Nsaliwa isn't there, in addition to Radzniski & Ledgerwood.

Wagenaar is the only out of season keeper of the pool, so I'm expecting to see him at the GC. There's no point of calling an on season back up keeper (unless Wagenaar is your starter). Kenny S., Sutton and Lars are all starters at their club at the moment.

Yes, too bad Nsaliwa isn't there, I'm a bit surprised by Ledgerwood. And we knew that DeJong is still undecided.

I guess Radzinski has a deal with the coach, he wants to rest and I could lived with that.

quote:Originally posted by ken

The thirty man preliminary roster is

Bernier, Braz, Brennan, DeGuzeman, Derosario, Friend, Gerba, Gervais, Grande, Hainault, Harmse, Hirschfeld, Hume, Hutchinson, Imhof, Jazic, Klukowski, McKenna, Nakajima-Faran, Nash, Occean, Pozniak, Reda, Ribiero, Simpson(Josh and Dave), Stalteri, Stamatopolous, Sutton, Wagenaar.

Damn. Still not a bad roster eh?

Given the strikers available it looks like it's going to be same-old same-old tactics on the attack.

I don't see Lars and Sutton being called for this. Expecting Sutton to be given the by. Just can't see TFC dropping him for weeks on end.

Wonder if we'll see JB partnered with Big Kev? Or will it be Klukowski? You know, Brennan may be a fine fit for McKenna. Especially if we have a decent left fullback (Jazic's okay, Klukowski maybe better and Josh gets to play the wide wing down that left touchline.

Hell, with JB set between Big Kev and Braz and The Guz destroying in front of them I could live with plumber boy at right 'back. Easily. Well, on paper anyway.

quote:Originally posted by nolando

Wow- I dont know if its wishful thinking but Yorke is on the T&T roster and Chimbonda and Sommeil are on the Guadeloupe roster lists.

The same one at Spurs? Doesn't he play internationally with france? I could have sworn I saw him on the bench for france at the last WC.

Can TFC afford to lose this many players, if in fact all of the players mentioned make the final roster (which is, admittedly, unlikely)? Do they have to field a minimum number of players week-in week-out or can they get by for a few weeks by just having them occupy space on their senior roster?

Also, happy to Occean in there. Nasliwa?? The saga continues - I hope Davidson gets his nose into that one.

Can TFC afford to lose this many players, if in fact all of the players mentioned make the final roster (which is, admittedly, unlikely)? Do they have to field a minimum number of players week-in week-out or can they get by for a few weeks by just having them occupy space on their senior roster?

Also, happy to Occean in there. Nasliwa?? The saga continues - I hope Davidson gets his nose into that one.

quote:Originally posted by Bertuzzi44

The same one at Spurs? Doesn't he play internationally with france? I could have sworn I saw him on the bench for france at the last WC.

Chimbonda was on the WC team but never played. He has only played a few minutes as a sub for France in a pre-WC friendly so is not officially cap-tied. Can't see him showing up for Guadeloupe unless that didn't affect his France elegibility (Guadeloupe is politically part of France).

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

(Guadeloupe is politically part of France).

didn't france trade any claim on quebec for guadeloupe at the end of the 7 years war? seemed dumb then but in the long run Quebec's too big to have remained a colony, guadeloupe's more managable...rando history

quote:Originally posted by RJB

Is our friendly for June 1/2 even confirmed at this point? I can't find it on the CSA website.

No, nothing has been confirmed by the CSA but strangely it's confirmed on the Venezuela website. Maybe they'll confirms this later today with the coach announcement at BMO field.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by loyola

No, nothing has been confirmed by the CSA but strangely it's confirmed on the Venezuela website. Maybe they'll confirms this later today with the coach announcement at BMO field.

The FIFA site has our game on June 2 vs. Honduras on the official schedule. These only appear when both federations inform FIFA, so that any change would also have to come from all national bodies involved.

http://www.fifa.com/es/mens/fixtures/index/0,3721,2-ALL-ALL,00.html

I just don't understand how come the Venezuelan FA would confirm a game on their website but thge CSA won't....

And we have that Honduras game that hasn't been confirmed by anyone, but it's on the FIFA calendar. Go figure....

Looks like we will be playing Venezuela in June:

http://www.univision.com/content/content.jhtml;jsessionid=OCLPVQW1AVU5ECWIAANCFEYKZAABWIWC?chid=4&cid=141143&schid=368&secid=466

Honduras jugará ante Trinidad y Tobago

Amistoso el 2 de junio

"Se ha confirmado la venida del equipo de Trinidad y Tobago, estábamos muy preocupados por no haber podido concretar el fogueo con Canadá", que estaba previsto para el 2 de junio, comentó.

La selección canadiense suspendió en dos ocasiones el partido contra Honduras, primero por el cambio de su entrenador y después porque ya se había comprometido a jugar con Venezuela.

TRANSLATION:

Honduras-Canada was set but Canada backed out due to their coaching change, and then because they had secured a friendly with Venezuela.

FVF cambia sede del Venezuela vs. Canadá

http://www.venezuelaenfutbol.com/seleccionanacional.htm

(Por: Redacción, 16-may-07) Este martes la Federación Venezolana de Fútbol volvió a cambiar la sede del encuentro entre Venezuela y Canadá a disputarse el 1 de junio en territorio venezolano. Ya no será el Olímpico sino el Pachencho, el estadio que albergue dicho encuentro preparatorio, según informó el propio Presidente de la FVF Rafael Esquivel, a través de un comunicado.

La delegación canadiense, según expresó la FVF, está de acuerdo en los términos del juego y arribarán a Venezuela el próximo 30 de mayo en vuelo 723 de American Air Lines en horas de la noche. Dicho equipo se trasladará a Maracaibo y luego del partido que será en el Estadio Pachencho Romero, retornarán a su país el 2 de junio.

El partido será a las 7 de la noche.

TRANS:

Venezuela changed the Stadium in which the June 1 game against Canada is to be played, stated the President of the FVF, moved fromthe Olimpico to the Pachencho. The Canadians have agreed on their arrival in Venezuela on May 30, and on their departure on the 2nd. The game is set for 7pm local time.

Archived